Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yet another tubeless thread….
  • Tiger6791

Right so my Speed King tyres are looking a bit Duncan Goodhuw. After 20 odd years of mountain biking with inner tube I quite fancy tubeless.
    Done a bit of a search but have some questions.
    Consider this Tubeless for Duimmies. Bit of a big ask but I'd appreciate any help.
    Questions.

1. Can I convert my wheels or do I need to replace them (Ritchey Pro Disc)?

2. If so what do I need to buy? (link to CRC/wiggle if possible pls)

3. Is that everything I need?

4. Whats a good set of tyres? I don't tend to swap them until they wear out. (I ride mainly normal XC stuff, Swinley, Coed y Brenin, South Downs, Tracks and Bridleways around Snowdonia)

5. Anything else I need to know?

Lactic
    Free Member

You don't need new wheels. If you want an all in kit go for stans but ghetto is considerably cheaper. Lots of ghetto tubelss videos on you tube. You can use any tyres pretty much but it is easier with UST/LUST/ tubeless ready etc which are designed for tubeless. Personally I use bonty xcr tubeless-ready and they are ace.

Tiger6791

anybody got a link to the bits to buy then?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve_b77
    Free Member

If you have a look at My thread HERE there's a link to a couple of videos on youtube that show you how to do it with gorilla/duck tape, valves off old tubes and what ever tyres you want.

If you like the speed kings stick with them, if not i can highly recommend Nobby Nics and they're only £29 each HERE simples :mrgreen:

Northwind

Tubeless is great but I won't do it "ghetto" again, I did get it working well enough but it was still a hassle (BMX tubes on 717s), burped a lot and never really inspired confidence. it did work but I'd prefer tubes. But with my tubeless rims it's great.

Tiger6791

If you like the speed kings

Nope hated them, like a curling stone on ice when on wet rock, saying that I still wringed the life out of 'em 'cos they cost me. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yet another tubeless thread….’ is closed to new replies.