Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Yet another Garmin question.
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Is it possible, on an 800, to move the map sideways when viewing it? I don’t want to zoom out to view a larger area as that loses detail . I want to keep my zoom but move the map to one side to see what’s hiding just off screen. A swipe doesn’t do this.

prawny

You have to tap the picture of a hand to move the screen around. All good then, on the 810 anyway.

milkyman
    Free Member

yes you can, just tap the screen I think, then if you keep your finger on the screen you can move it across, you will have to tap the back icon when you have done it though to go back to how it was before, I find that im always doing this to check im on the right route

mattsccm
    Free Member

Tap not rub then? It notices a sharp touch?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Nope. Tap, thump or tickle doesn’t make any difference. It just swipes me to the next page.

milkyman
    Free Member

try both, at the top of the screen you will get a little icon with arrows pointing up, down , left and right, indicating you can move the map in any direction

milkyman
    Free Member

will just double check on mine now

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bugger me. If you touch between the – and + and little 4 way arrow pops up. It isn’t there unless you touch that spot. That allows you to move the map. Ta .

milkyman
    Free Member

that’s the one, glad to help

imnotverygood

…. or you could try reading the manual

mattsccm
    Free Member

My manual doesn’t tell me. Funnily enough that’s why I asked.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Yet another Garmin question.’ is closed to new replies.