Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • (Yet another) eBay problem.
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Sold a power tool on eBay. It was working but not perfectly so I put that in the description. It didn’t sell for much and cost almost as much to post. I made a few quid but that’s about it. Posted it and positive feedback left (quick delivery, as described) and now 1 month later I get a message that the buyer wants to return it. He says its not working perfectly and took it to a shop who said it would be uneconomical to repair. As he’s saying its not working it’ll be me that pays return postage if I accept the return which I’m not happy with. What’s the options? I’ve messaged the seller and said he can send it back at his cost. No reply as yet.

nuke

A month later! Tell him to jog

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh lordy don’t get me started on eBay stupidity. I sold a knackered phone as “not working, for spares and repairs only”. I got a message a couple of weeks after it was delivered saying the phone doesn’t work. I shit you not.

nickjb
    Free Member

A month later! Tell him to jog

That would by my first thought for a private sale but eBay doesn’t offer that option in the check boxes. I don’t want this to be automatically resolved in his favour

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Send him some anthrax

ctk
    Free Member

How can they resolve in his favour? If description says faulty then that’s that.

nickjb
    Free Member

The default (if I do nothing) is to find in his favour. There is no ‘jog on’ option just various different refund options

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ebay sucks big time. I bought some Lowa Goretex winter/snow boots which were ‘as described’ (unused/tried on) except when I wore them for the 1st time, 6 months after buying them, the soles fell off.
    Pity the seller didn’t describe that they were already 13 years old. 🙄

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

if you’ve already been left positive feedback you should be fine

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Even if he’s outside the 31 day returns PayPal is now 3 months or something stupid. Was it listed as spares repairs? If not possibly outta luck.

Northwind

nickjb – Member

The default (if I do nothing) is to find in his favour. There is no ‘jog on’ option just various different refund options

The default if you do nothing is to find in your favour so time for an ebay webchat. Here it is all about “as described”, you sold it as “doesn’t work properly” and he wants to return it as “doesn’t work properly”.

Ebay are awkward and hassly to deal with, by design, but I find that if you jump through the hoops and have supporting evidence, then they’ve always found in my favour.

spooky_b329

If you can’t be bothered with the hassle for a few quid… Just refund it and tell him to chuck it, no need to pay his return postage. However, this would also be the worst eBay could dish out, so I’d put your 2 pence in but don’t get stressed about the outcome of any case.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘(Yet another) eBay problem.’ is closed to new replies.