Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yet another 650b question
  • aa
    Free Member

has anyone put 650b’s onto their 26” wheeled bike? What happened, did it roll better? Did it turn slower, did it affect the handling with change in geometry etc?

I’m thinking of experimenting with my bike but first hand experience would be useful.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Raises the bottom bracket, changes the rake, reduces clearence.

Voids warranty?

cnud
    Free Member

Fitted to my 2011 Stumpy Evo. Feels alot better rolling on technical climbs to me, no slower turning or adverse effect the handling. I like it, in fact if its still in existence my next XC bike will be 650b. My 29er feels very cumbersome in the twisty stuff by comparison. This is however all just my opinion.

sheck

Put some in an Inbred frame as an experiment. Dropped the forks by 20mm to offset the higher BB and fitted a 1 deg slackset to retain the same head angle as I had before lowering the forks. Works a treat, and I’d do it again, even though it sounds lke a faff! The impact on the ride is to make everything a bit smoother, without changing the handling characteristics

Jason
    Free Member

My wife has been riding her Whippet with 650b wheels since last Autumn. She is very pleased with it and doesn’t plan to switch it back to 26″ – although she did a couple of weeks ago for a muddy race as she hasn’t got any 650b mud tyres.

She mentions the wheels on quite a few of her blog article’s on XCracer: http://www.xcracer.com/viewblogpost.php?blog_id=483

geologist
    Free Member

Im thinking about this on my blue pig. I know the frame will take it, not so sure about the revalations though.
    Has anyone fitted a 650b in some revalations?

Jason
    Free Member

I think it is only Fox forks that they fit in. I haven’t heard of a 650b conversion with Rockshox forks, although happy to be proved wrong.

geologist
    Free Member

Aw bugger, my local bike shop told me the same, I hoped they were wrong. Oh well ill just have to save for a bronson 🙂

dreednya

There RS, Fox as well as X Fusion that have 650B versions now, but only older forks that were compatible are Fox and then you still need to check

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yet another 650b question’ is closed to new replies.