Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Yet another On-One 456 build finished – Lyriks
  • zangolin
    Free Member

Just built to keep me going till I can get my hands on 2010 Reign X frame.
    16" frame, Pro 2 on flows, Saint rear, Thomson post, XT shifters, SLX f-mech, Dark cycles bash ring, Hope bling bits, Mag 1's, Conti Verts, Lyrik U-turns.

littlebear
    Free Member

That reminds me of my old Chameleon I had with FOX36's up front, well almost. Looks like a weapon, where are you riding that… Scotland, Morzne, 😈

zangolin
    Free Member

Local canal towpath 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mamadirt
    Free Member

Slack as . . . Love the look though – mmmmmm, dark blue and gold 😛

grumm
    Free Member

That's lovely – not sure about the gold stem though.

ackie
    Free Member

Crikey! Don't sit too far back on that one or you will end up on your back!

hora
    Free Member

You can wind those forks down?

djglover
    Free Member

Over pimped scaffold

johnners
    Free Member

I like the colours, but buy the right size next time and you won't have to extend the cockpit by using that hideous layback post.

Looks good for wheelies along that towpath though, your arse is almost over the rear axle.

hilldodger
    Free Member

that's no silk purse…….

nuke

Aside the gold bits, think it looks lovely. Enjoy 😀

zangolin
    Free Member

I like the colours, but buy the right size next time and you won't have to extend the cockpit by using that hideous layback post.

That's what I love about STW – the rather dumb comments that appear from time to time 😉 Not that I am immune from making one or two myself
    😳

lord
    Free Member

i have a 16"(frame) in the sandy colour , best bike ive had for yonks , just love it.

Mof
    Free Member

I'm guessing climbs might be a challenge. My 456 with Vans 140's and a flipped stem is still light at the front when going up. I suppose it depends on your height and riding style, but the frame can stand a longer stem, but I always have to comment on those bent Thompson seat posts….they are wrong, they don't look right on any bike. Ban them, make them illegal, make them as socially unacceptable as smoking indoors or using a hand held mobile whilst driving.

hora
    Free Member

I must admit I want to move the middle picture right through 10degrees 8)

freeridenick
    Free Member

chopper comes to mind!

VanHalen

looks like my exalt apart from it being longer.

DH that will be fantastic. just make sure you take it somewhere to do it justice and not just ride in circles around cannock.

u-turn to 110 for the ups so jobs a goodun.

its almost exactly like the build i would do but mine would be (much) less bling. having seen that tho i'm glad i didnt get one as the exalt i have is long enough. that looks even longer.

test rode a max max/absolut last night. my god it soo much more fun to ride and will soon be mine.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Looks nice – a great laugh down the hill and an ability to slowly winch yourself back up it. A much more bling version of my old Kona Roast (frame still hanging up in shed awaiting spare cash). The below photo shows the similar geometry (the seatpost was out as I was replacing the saddle at the time). All perfectly rideable.

thepodge
    Free Member

wanna make this bike of the week? it looks nice

Andy_K

Hell, thats a big fork! is it 160mm?

johnners
    Free Member

That's what I love about STW – the rather dumb comments that appear from time to time Not that I am immune from making one or two myself

Glad to be of service.

And get the right size next time…

zangolin
    Free Member

always have to comment on those bent Thompson seat posts

I like the controversy! to be honest it was the only decent + long enough 27.2 post I had – came of my track bike. I say love love your bent post

Forks – I ride them wound down to 115 for most stuff. Although 160 when I want to be "Easy Rider" – maybe I need a sissy bar?

If it stops raining long enough I'm going to give it a good thrash down Cader Idris within the next few days.

zangolin
    Free Member

johnners – Member
    That's what I love about STW – the rather dumb comments that appear from time to time Not that I am immune from making one or two myself
    Glad to be of service.
    And get the right size next time…

Johnners – I think my posting was a little errr dumb as I said myself – maybe dumb was to stronger word!.

Anyway frame really is correct I'm that in between height 5' 8" so 16 or 18 would do. As I said before the lovely layback post was the best I had available in the right size. Coming from 30 years of road + track racing, and being used to a very stretched out + low position it's a whole new concept of getting comfortable + being so "upright". It was bad enough resisting the temptation of not cutting my bars down to 40cm – glad I didn't though!

dano
    Free Member

pimped!

zangolin
    Free Member

Close up for you Thomson "bender" haters out there. Please email for full res wallpaper size.
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_e45-6re8y5w/Sm9iBBnUlgI/AAAAAAAAA30/KsC9FLYpjSA/s512/bender_post.jpg

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Yet another On-One 456 build finished – Lyriks’ is closed to new replies.