Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Yesterday was stupidly warm
  • Pigface
    Free Member

dont like it, it’s not natural.

I WANT autmn and I want it now.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Autumn gales/storms early next week.

matt_outandabout

Pouring rain in friday, just in time fir a bug event at work for me….

aP
    Free Member

Was 22C here yesterday, big storm heading in though. Hopefully not 300mm in 3hrs…

derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s still ridiculously warm . My base layer almost burst into flames on my ride in. I am a huge ball of sweat and is October 1st !

rocketman
    Free Member

I WANT autmn and I want it now

yup looking forward to some adverse weather if only to clear the well-fed Brummies off the local loop

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Yes it hit 33 here in Sydney.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had to remove my arm warmers on my lunchtime ride yesterday. Seems more autumnal again this morning though with a nice coating of wet leaves on the roads 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Misty and foggy with slight drizzel in That London..

Enough Autumn for you?

scotroutes

There’s a forecast of snow on the mountains this weekend

hooli

There will be plenty of time for cold and wet in the next 6 months, I am enjoying the warmth and dry trails while they last.

binners

Its ace! Trails are in better nick than they’ve been for the last 5 summers. Long may it continue, then we can have Autumn at the end of november, winter to last for one snowy week at the end of January, then spring again 😀

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Today’s been warm too. 28.6 on my thermometer. Love spring but we’re in for a helluva summer.

wilburt
    Free Member

Even the females in my house are looking forward to cooler weather.

theotherjonv

Yep, and today caught me out too. i didn’t have an ironed shirt so thought I’d go for the jumper over the top option.

Mistake. the people in my office think that I’m a sweaty tramp now, having kept the jumper on for just long enough to work up enough heat to get damp, but not long enough to human-iron the creases out.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’m loving it! Autumn starts on Saturday this year.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nus1eglMXQ4[/video]

stewartc
    Free Member

Just been out, maybe about 28 degrees, 70% humidity, yep, definitely autumn.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Spent four hours riding the super dry trails ah it’s been a great September

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Its been another great summer, akin to 2013 super dry in the northwest. 2 weeks in august to rehydrate the lawn, then back to arid dry and dusty trails. I dont think the breakdown on saturday will last, latter end of October im sure will be lovely.

ourmaninthenorth

I arrived in London at 9am yesterday and it was still summer. Got back to Wigan at 8pm and it was autumn.

But that probably says more about Wigan than about the weather TBH.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

It’s not unheard of for it to be warm at this time of year. Three years ago I got to spend my birthday (October 2nd) sunbathing and swimming in 25 degrees at Milford on Sea, Hampshire. Most chilled out birthday I’ve ever had.

zippykona

Got to go out for posh dinner on Sunday and shorts are a no no ,so glad if it chills a bit.

theotherjonv

Boring weather fact – if you look at sunshine rather than absolute temperature, September is usually a better month than June. It’s only a broad adherence to the old fashioned thinking that a/ each season is 3 months long and b/ they have to be full months; which is a throwback to older days and being able to compare weather stats against times when rainfalls, etc. were kept by month.

Hence why broadly speaking we think summer is June/July/Aug, Autumn is Sept/Oct/Nov, etc. If you look at more detailed info and assuming we’d compromise a bit of temperature in favour of dry weather, then ‘summer’ should really be late June through to end of Sept.

As explained to me by a friend who worked at the Met Office in Bracknell, so don’t blame me if it’s not an exact reflection. And yes, as well as being dry it’s also lovely and warm too currently …..

CountZero

Three years ago I was on holiday in South Devon, and got sunburned walking around Start Point!
    I was up at Purton, near Sharpness, yesterday, looking at the old boats that were beached there to reinforce the bank of the Sharpness ship canal, and it was an absolutely perfect afternoon, warm, sunny, and peaceful. Thanks to a local lady I was pointed in the direction of a really good pub as well, sat outside in the sunshine, drinking a pint of ‘Rucking Mole’ from Mole’s Brewery in Melksham! Quite a surprise to find it all the way up there. 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

**** camping on a north east cliff top this weekend! Bastid!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

There will be plenty of time for cold and wet in the next 6 months, I am enjoying the warmth and dry trails while they last.

This.

Even though I ride all year in all weathers, it won’t be long before it is dark for 23 hours of the day and 22 1/2 of those will involve rain.

More of the same please.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Well the breakdown of months and months of dry is about to happen on Saturday apparently when the Atlantic takes control of the reigns once again and sends some actual Autumn weather our way, rainy, breezy + cooler 🙁

CountZero

I was at the seaside today, eating fish and chips outside in Burnham-on-Sea, walking along the beach, (and the tide was in! A miracle!), then along to Brean and up onto Brean Down.
    The weather was glorious, really warm with a light breeze,mand the sea was dead flat, just ripples on the surface.
    A fantastic day. 😀

scotroutes

That’s the winter tyres fitted to the van.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Yesterday was stupidly warm’ is closed to new replies.