Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Yesterday was Divorce Day, apparently
  • MoreCashThanDash

The first day all the solicitors reopen for all the couples splitting after Christmas, according to the tabloid in the office today.

Might explain the strange conversation in our house last night, when MrsMC announced that she can’t go on working 5 days a week and trying to fit it around the kids. Apparently this is my fault, even though she chose to try it, and I’ve been having to manage the same problem for 11 years now.

Anyway, feel for any poor buggers who are dealing with a separation. There but for the grace of God…..

franksinatra

Why did no-one tell me, we didn’t even have an argument yesterday?

Bad planning.

bearnecessities

Yay, rebounds!

Stoner
    Free Member

Id laugh. If my brother wasnt sitting in my home office next to me…having been thrown out by his Mrs since a week before xmas. It’s def for the best, and he’s in much better mood now than then. The kids are enjoying having their uncle around so much though.

franksinatra

The kids are enjoying having their uncle around so much

Do you mean your kids are enjoying having your brother around or his kids are enjoying having you around their newly single mum. Means completely different things!

Stoner
    Free Member

bdum tish 😉

MY kids are not only enjoying seeing more of their uncle, but also their cousin too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes I saw that too.

@MoreCash hopefully you can work that out, the fact my ex refused to return to work after the kids where grown was a key reason for our divorce.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In your neck of the woods, Stoner, isn’t their cousin also their sister? And aunt, probably.

😉

Sometimes divorce can be the best thing. Friend of mine escaped from his first marriage, to a batshitmental psycho hose bitch, happily unscathed. Is far happier now.

rOcKeTdOg

My bosses wife punched him & had him removed from the house by police on boxing day he told me yesterday, he was seeing solicitors in the afternoon

MoreCashThanDash

@jambalaya – Storm in a teacup, and I expect the actual reason was something completely unrelated. She’s always worked 2-3 days a week and I’ve done all sorts of flexitime strangeness – and turned down promotions – to fit in with the childcare. She has tried with 5 days the last few months as she would earn a lot more than me if she went full time. We are both waiting the outcome of job interviews atm which will finally enable us to put down some definite plans, and get some stability back.

therealhoops
    Free Member

It can’t be your fault as everything bad in the history of the world ever is down to me.
    Of course you’re unhappy, you work 3 days a week and only get 2 full days off by yourself while the kids are at school.
    What was I thinking working a full week and only riding at night when the kids are in bed!! I’m clearly taking the easy route.

I’m disgusted by me.

MoreCashThanDash

Therealhoops appears to have married my wife’s long lost twin sister.

matt_outandabout

Friend of mine escaped from his first marriage, to a batshitmental psycho hose bitch, happily unscathed

One of my mates managed that – he woke up on honeymoon morning and the facade that had been kept for the previous year or so was dropped, his new Mrs turned out to be utterly, utterly bonkers. 😯

franksinatra

It can’t be your fault as everything bad in the history of the world ever is down to me.

I know that feeling
    Last night I was responsible for moving the tweezers from the bathroom into her handbag.

MoreCashThanDash

Do you reckon there’s a solicitor who could do a Premier subscribers discount for us all? 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Well, this has come as a bit of a surprise to me. Although it has neatly coincided with Mrs North announcing to me this morning as we were getting ready for work: “We can’t go on living like this.”

On enquiry, it transpired that what she really meant is that she’s incredibly busy at work. I resisted reminding her exactly how much I have to do and agreed.

And now the OP tells me I’m getting divorced?!!!!! And all without a single argument over Christmas…. 😉

the-muffin-man

Seems to be a common theme here!

My wife has also decided she needs to work less as doing 3.5 days a week is too stressful. Yes dear, that’ll do the family budget the world of good! Flower arranging is her latest career idea.

And despite me being out the house for over 11 hours a day, I apparently don’t pull my weight in the house enough (so who built that conservatory at the back of the house last year, the builder fairies!?).

😀

DavidB
    Free Member

Divorce Online used to be in the office next to us. Thin walls. This time of year we could hardly hear ourselves think. Thank goodness they’ve gone now.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The Saturday after “divorce day” is always “lay a new patio day”

skydragon
    Free Member

who who built that conservatory at the back of the house last year, the builder fairies!?

seems like you missed a trick when laying the foundations and pouring the concrete though eh….. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Is there a singletrackwives.com where they have got together to coordinate this?

scaredypants

oh, my wife’s “out with her mates” tonight and then “at a conference” til the weekend

I’d assumed it was all genuine, the devious bitch

(luckily, there is some concrete being laid round our way in the next week or so)

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Well, it’s helping me out.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Last night I was responsible for moving the tweezers from the bathroom into her handbag.

Classic gaslighting behaviour. That’s mental abuse that is.

reedspeed
    Free Member

It would appear to me ,we all have more in common than just bikes on here!..

Singletracks clearly to blame ..

AndyRT
    Free Member

This thread seems far more useful than ‘Relate’

therealhoops
    Free Member

badnewz
    Free Member

If your wife’s best friend has just got divorced, then there’s a good chance you will be next. Women divorce in packs!

therealhoops
    Free Member

^^^ there might be some truth here ^^^

digga
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    My bosses wife punched him & had him removed from the house by police on boxing day he told me yesterday, he was seeing solicitors in the afternoon

Rock and Roll! Makes my brother in-law’s (mostly) successful Boxing Day attempt to insult and upset everyone (some of us are just too thick-skinned and indifferent) look a bit tame. I do love a good argument.

D0NK

My bosses wife punched him & had him removed from the house by police

eh she did the punching but the police removed him? I trust there is more to the story than that.

MoreCashThanDash

D0nk +1, but I was a bit afraid to ask….

Sui
    Free Member

D0NK – Member
    My bosses wife punched him & had him removed from the house by police
    eh she did the punching but the police removed him? I trust there is more to the story than that.

i wouldn’t always assume that’s the case… women are mentalist as we’ve already collectively shown 😉

nickc

8th Jan 2011.

So clearly some truth behind it. At the same time, the biggest relief, and unhappiest days of my life. We’ve actually ‘spoken’ more in the past 4 years than we ever did before, and we’re pretty much on good terms, which makes things incredibly easier when she’s in Newcastle and 250 miles away with our kids..

therealhoops
    Free Member

nickc – we all have questions for you. Is it ok to email?

JCL
    Free Member

If your wife’s best friend has just got divorced, then there’s a good chance you will be next. Women divorce in packs!

They also get married, pregnant and buy crap clothes in packs too.

Can’t think for themselves the poor creatures.

nickc

therealhoops:

Yes, of course

lowey

I got the news that the ex was going the Monday after the holidays in 2011.

Looking back it was the greatest day of my life, although didnt see it at the time.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I left my wife and kids today. It’s been the worst few days of my life but it’s going to get better. I could do with people to talk to.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Anyway, feel for any poor buggers who are dealing with a separation. There but for the grace of God…..

It’s not that bad to be honest. Life looks like it has many more opportunities now than it did this time last year. Happy days.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Yesterday was Divorce Day, apparently’ is closed to new replies.