Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • YEP Components Dropper Posts
  • dustytrails

Just read Chips’ review of Swiss made YEP Components Uptimizer Dropper post so thought I would have a little look. Seem like well sorted posts. Lever looks good and can be positioned right, left top or bottom of bars and it works whatever way it’s pressed with infinite adjustment within it’s travel, Cable operated and the non-stealth version’s cable is connected to the collar rather than top of post.
    Only downside is the cost circa £270 I think & only available direct at the moment.

http://www.yepcomponents.com/EN/Bike-Uptimizer.aspx?cp=UPT-ST

Any one have one…thoughts????

kimbers

someone here has one

id prefer this to get into production

http://www.vecnum.net/bike-parts/adjustable-seatpost/moveloc-seatpost.html

dustytrails

Yeah kimbers – Looks good too but doesn’t look like it will be available anytime soon though!

jamesfts
    Free Member

Looks like a cheap version of a KS LEV – only it’s not cheap.

In fact is looks like an Ice Lift V8 that has an equally gash lever and is £100 cheaper…

Moveloc looks more interesting though not sure when you’d ever need 200mm of drop, 125 is plenty – 150 is more than enough for most I’d have thought.

tweedviper
    Free Member

I agree with jamesfts it looks pants, they have nicked the Crank brothers Joplin remote lever which is very basic looking, I would rather put wasps up my chuffer than buy one of those. My Ks 150mm dropper is Fantastic

goodgrief
    Free Member

I’ve got one, bought after a terrible KS Lev.

First off, the remote: amazing once you’re used to the horror of taking your finger off the brake lever to pull another lever. This take a few rides. It’s so smooth and never gets in the way. I’ve got the older split clamp design which allows it to move in a crash.

155mm of travel, in your face 150mm reverb!

Quality; much, much higher than a KS. Doesn’t get stuck down if it’s left for over a day.

I can message the guy who designed, tested and built my post on FB. He’s always helpful and speaks perfect English so there’s no language barrier.

I’ve never had a reverb but I’ve seen plenty with major problems that always seem to appear when you’re out for a ride. Broken levers after crashes too.

jam-bo

First off, the remote: amazing once you’re used to the horror of taking your finger off the brake lever to pull another lever.

It’s a good job we don’t ever have to change gear that way…

goodgrief
    Free Member

Mine’s on the left and I’ve been without a front shifter for quite some time so maybe it’s that. Very different feel to a shifter too.

dustytrails

Thanks for the replies. Personally, I think it looks pretty much like any other dropper. As for the lever, I rather like the idea that it doesn’t need to pressed in any particular direction for it to actuate and that in theory it can be mounted in any position.
    @ goodgrief….where do you have the lever mounted – top or bottom of brake levers? Seems to me that mounted under levers that it could be operated with thumb rather than finger?
    And yes, there seems to be a lot of problems with Reverbs & Ks Lev looking on here and other places.

v666ern
    Free Member

And yes, there seems to be a lot of problems with Reverbs & Ks Lev looking on here and other places.

you’d best not google crank brothers then 🙂

Northwind

At least this one brings something new, the recent “another 125mm post” launches from raceface and others are just trying to cash in but more travel is good. Shame Vecnum are having such trouble with production.

dusty trails – Member

They account for most of the market even more of the OEM market so they ought to have more problems.

jam-bo

As for the lever, I rather like the idea that it doesn’t need to pressed in any particular direction for it to actuate and that in theory it can be mounted in any position.

it looks just like the Ice lift V8 lever and that was bloody awful.

scruff
    Free Member

Any sign of the 150mm 30.9 reverb yet?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Any sign of the 150mm 30.9 reverb yet?

They don’t ‘officially’ make them. I just sold my well used one on the world of EBay.

If you really want one though, buy the cheapest 31.6/34.9 150mm stealth you can find, then buy the equivalent length 30.9 outer tube, strip the post and swap them over.

All the intervals are the same, it’s the o/d of the outer tube that differs.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘YEP Components Dropper Posts’ is closed to new replies.