Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Yellow pedals on a yellow frame – is it wrong?
  • ElShalimo

My frame is very yellow, most other components are black
    would yellow look flats silly?

clubber
    Free Member

yes, but don’t let that stop you 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

In MHO I would say no they wouldn’t look silly…gives the bike a bit more character. Though just remember you can’t swap them to another bike unless its a yellow frame.

I run red pedals against my black frame as most other components have red… seatpost clamp, grips etc.

I was toying with the idea of getting orange pedals for a Cotic Soul, but got black so that I can change them to another bike if needed (without looking daft)…but would run Orange if I wasn’t such a spend thrift!

ElShalimo

I’m unlikely to change frame as my bike is 1yr old and I sadly don’t use it enough to get bored with it!
    I think these look nice in yellow

project
    Free Member

I have red pedals on a red bike, yellow gloves, blue jacket and black tights.

and no colour sence

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Yes. Of course it’s wrong. Are you a 14 year old skate park grom? Come on.

ElShalimo

I think I was BananaMan in a previous life

matther01
    Free Member

Nice spot…they appear to be just the same as the Superstar Nanos!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

matther01 – Member
    Though just remember you can’t swap them to another bike unless its a yellow frame.

Really? Don’t they have the same thread size in the cranks for pedals? Bikes should be ridden as hard and skillfully as possible – the colour scheme is irrelevant!

matther01
    Free Member

It depends what type of OCD you have. With mine…colour schemes are a problem.

I often have to wear socks the same colour as my ties (even though no one sees them)!

It’s a bit like only being able to open a packet of crips the right way up. Even though you can open them either end…opening them from upside down end just feels wrong… but you have no idea why!

biker66
    Free Member

I get so much pleasure looking at my bike when not riding it I couldn’t imagine not colour scheming it. My BMX is red/gold/yellow. My 456 Summer Season is Orange,blue and gold. I don’t really think of black as a colour but always have black parts that hold the bike together.
    Half the people will admire it, half will smirk.
    There is more than one kind of yellow though and if it’s not the same as the frame it will look a bit crap, so in that case, get black ones.

ElShalimo

opening them upside down is better as you get an instant flavour hit with all the bits sticking to your fingers, especially salt & vinegar kettle chips

asterix
    Free Member

celebrate all that is yellow:

http://postimage.org/image/uckibefqz/ {can’t make the image insert work}

do you think adding yellow pedals would be too much? 😉

biker66
    Free Member
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Yellow pedals on a yellow frame – is it wrong?’ is closed to new replies.