Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Yeehaaah,we're moving house today
  • thejesmonddingo

After trying to sell the house for five years,we are finally moving.Littlemissdingo age 11 will move from a 6’x8′ bedroom to one that’s 12’x11′ plus a walkin cupboard,and we will have a lounge and proper dining kitchen again after 15 years of a living room and a galley kitchen,plus which I will be about 600m from the No 7,the Acorn brewery tap.

jekkyl

Excellent, have fun. Don’t forget the first meal in a new house has to be a proper takeaway.

bearnecessities

Enjoy move 😀

Drac

Good luck and enjoy your new home.

Pigface
    Free Member

+1 for the meal and ate sat on the floor surrounded by boxes, be happy in the new house.

Alphabet

Shouldn’t you be packing and panicking that the cheap and rather dodgy sounding removals men that you’ve booked against your wife’s wishes may not turn up rather than having enough time on your hands to browse STW?*

Have fun in your new house.

* YMMV but this is typically how it goes for me.

mudshark
    Free Member

I worried that mine wouldn’t turn up so hired a van in the end and moved with a mate’s help – do they ever not turn up?!

bigyinn
    Free Member

First job, build the beds!

midlifecrashes

Good luck with the move. I’d always assumed from the username you were some sort of posher Geordie type. Happy new house.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yay sounds fun – we moved 8 months ago and it feels an age ago already.

Your little one (well not so little anymore) will enjoy the new space 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Build the beds? Doesn’t everyone camp out on air beds for the first night?
    Enjoy your new house op, we are hoping for the same sort of elation really soon.

mogrim

Good luck with the move, and try not to lose all the important papers your wife has decided you are responsible for. Like I did the last time 😥

hatter

Congrats, we finally moved just before Christmas after 2.5 years of stress, irritation and let-downs, gone from, a 2-bed flat to a 4-bed semi with a garden & everything, it’s bloody ace!

alanf
    Free Member

No 7 – Acorn brewery tap? Are you in Barnsley?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice one…. moving into a new house is pretty darned exciting 🙂

Enjoy the ‘this house feels big’ moments as unfortunately they don’t last.
    We last moved 12 years ago to an ex-farmhouse with stables, 6 acres of paddocks, barns and too many bedrooms – as we were moving in we thought “what the hell have we done?- this is rediculous” as there was just me, the [pregnant] wife and a two year old daughter. The pregnancy turned out to be twin girls and the house doesn’t seem at all big anymore!

TBH the next move will be to somewhere smaller when the kids have gone – not really looking forwards to that one but it’s a way off yet 🙁

thejesmonddingo

Yes alan,moved back into tarn from Silkstone.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Yeehaaah,we're moving house today’ is closed to new replies.