Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yeeeees us old boys are fast
  • oldgit
    Free Member

During a meeting for our 2013 race team the subject of vets racing came up. Someone asked about the ‘cats’ in vets, it was explained that there isn’t any as such and it’s based on age.
    Then one of the riders that races both LVRC and BC chirped up with ‘vets racing is much faster than 3/4s’ That was backed up by two others, based on data from a season of racing on the exact same circuit throughout the year.
    I feel wonderfully smug now.

nomakoman
    Free Member

Could be because 3/4’s spend more time riding into each other than racing….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mostly only the fast guys keep racing IME.

njee20
    Free Member

Mostly only the fast guys keep racing IME.

+1

And if you’ve never raced before, but are over 40, are you not more likely to do 4th cat races than vet races?

ampthill

As a 47 year old non racer i have aceppted that having a go in vets is not really an option as it seems to be entirely very fast riders…

oldgit
    Free Member

Joking aside that’s probably a little bit true.
    Lots of people chasing cats like trophies or Strava positions.
    And that is racing I suppose. And probably why its a tad slower if you’re saving yourself all race to pop out and get points.

In vets only the top three get noted, and more often only the winner. And a good race means more than anything else.

oldgit
    Free Member

As a 47 year old non racer i have aceppted that having a go in vets is not really an option as it seems to be entirely very fast riders.

True but strangely easier than 3/4 racing. And I think it’s because 3/4 racing is full of very very fit, very fast, very well equipped men solely focused on points.
    Vets racing is full of pretty fit blokes that can race a race.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yeeeees us old boys are fast’ is closed to new replies.