Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Year record broken again, and still time for more!
  • TomB

Road cc link

Amanda Coker has broken the ‘most miles in a year’ record, and still has time to add a few thousand more. Epic achievement, but I can’t imagine the mindset required to do this sort of thing, especially as she has been cycling the same roads every day.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

As much as Amanda’s achievement is definitely noteworthy, it’s crazy how this currently can be compared to Steve Abraham’s ongoing attempt!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Very impressive for sure, but i’m inclined to feel that round and round and round a closed loop in a park is not really within the spirit of the record.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zilog6128

it’s crazy how this currently can be compared to Steve Abraham’s ongoing attempt!

They’re both riding to UMCA rules though, so in that sense they’re directly comparable. In fact the crazy thing IMO is deciding NOT to ride on closed roads, given the risks involved. It’s an incredible achievement, especially given her injuries.

legend
    Free Member

The most impressive thing about this is that she hasn’t got so bored riding around the park that she gave up on life (never mind the record)

ajantom

Why not just go the whole hog and ride it on a turbo/rollers?

Only partly joking – I can imagine someone who wants the record, but can’t be doing with the outdoors and traffic doing this. I guess it’s against the rules.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Year record broken again, and still time for more!’ is closed to new replies.