• This topic has 37 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by juan.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Yeahhhhh it has finally arrived :D (warning vélovert content)
  • juan
    Free Member

My new bike that’s it 😀

Seatpost/saddle is only for the picture purposes, and I might get a shorter stem at some point… We will see.

soma_rich
    Free Member

nice! like that! very evil sovereign!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nice looking frame.
    Crap looking colour.

mtbfix

C’mon, that tyre/rim misalignment is just to wind us up, oui?

ocrider

Its almost as green as the water in the vase.

J’aime, although Sobre should give a sobressade away with every frame sold

scaredypants

looks pretty short, or is it 29 ??

Northwind

Nice, that. Looks a bit tall/short but I guess that’s mainly just the photo?

justatheory
    Free Member

I like the colour!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I don’t see it

juan
    Free Member

It’s not a vase, it’s a fishtank, and Marco (the gold fish) is very happy in it 😉
    I NEVER aligne my valve and tyre logo. There is no point but wasting yoru time 😉
    It is a 26″ in 17.5. And I do need a better picture not from a cellphone

Northwind

juan – Member

I NEVER aligne my valve and tyre logo. There is no point but wasting yoru time

It really is useful for tracking down punctures sometimes- find the whole in the tube, nice and easy to check the tyre for spiky things

Course, that’s not why I do it, I do it because I’m a dweeb.

rOcKeTdOg

dialled alpine?

juan
    Free Member

Nope Sobre Mutli. Rust proofed, epoxy paint, properly wrapped and shipped with two mehc hanger and some “jumpers” to clip on the brake hose.

juan
    Free Member

And now after it’s first ride, some details to finish the build (brakes where bled and so clear protect applied) and ready to rock the airspins tomorrow 😀

rOcKeTdOg

RustyMac

RD and Ritch as I was told in this thread it is nothing like a sov 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/yeahhh-i-know-what-i-am-going-to-get-now-d

rOcKeTdOg

dunno what you mean 😉

Candodavid
    Free Member

Looks incredibly short, especially with all the seatpost showing and the seat on the back of its rails?

juan
    Free Member

David I have very long legs for my size, plus I really like to pedal with the leg fully extended and the stem is very long too. RD, as I said on the other post fairly different…

rOcKeTdOg

RD, as I said on the other post fairly different.

agreed, the colours are totally different 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

I would still recommend looking at set up, you look as though your weight bias is going to so far over the front descending could be a bit of a handful, especially with seat right forward and so high.

juan
    Free Member

I have no problem going down that is why the QR is for ;), honestly set up is just fine, I have no problem going up or down. All my bikes have a lot of seat post showing. I can’t really pedal if I am not with a leg fully stretch.

svalgis
    Free Member

It looks like a Sovereign the same way any steel frame with a brace does. Big deal.

martinxyz
    Free Member

If the seat was level you could afford to drop the post by around 15mm and also find that a whole heap of weight has now been lifted from your hands,wrists and shoulders. You should try it. Every bike that comes in to the workshop for repair with the saddle angle like this is impossible to ride correctly due to so much weight on the front end. We are all build very similar and there is no way on earth that this is more comfortable than if it was higher at the nose by at least 10mm.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Apart from that I love the colour and it looks wicked.

juan
    Free Member

Martin that is what everybody tells me, thing is, it really does hurt me if the saddle is levelled. Plus there is almost no weight on my hands as I use my core muscle to maintain my body up. I know I am not “road conventional” with my setting, but this is how I ride. I have tried the road conventional setting and it is just not for me :D.

P.S although this seatpost/saddle is used both for me and the SO, and I do give you that it is a little bit too nose down for me. It is ok for her as it is used on a FS and once your sitting it goes up a little bit.
    P.P.S Well let me guess you like the colour because it reminds you of your bike 😉

ojom
    Free Member

Its prolly cause your spheres are so GRANDE.

Candodavid
    Free Member

You let your SO ride your bike?………WTF!

juan
    Free Member

David she do ride my bike when she wants to. However I think you should re-read my post more carefully 😉
    Mark, google translate is pants indeed 😉

ojom
    Free Member

No need for google translate Juanypants. This was straight from my own mind. I know my french. Mangetout.

juan
    Free Member

So when am I expecting you down here we have some kick ass races you would love 😉

ojom
    Free Member

Meh. I am in the process of house stuff. Next week, new water main being installed from street to cock. Diggers n everything.
    Although i will be in FR skiiing in February.

juan
    Free Member

Whereabouts? Plus you can come back in june/july for rides?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Fair do’s! If you have tried it more level and found it wrong,that’s the main thing. I think a lot of folk set it there without trying it any other way. I have dropped the nose of my saddle a little over the past 6 months,mainly for the climbs with a non talas/uturn fork that’s on one of the bikes and it does make it easier at the likes of Golspie on the climb to the top.. and at the same time it makes no difference for the descent as I’m hardly in the saddle! The xc bike’s saddle is slightly more nose-up.

I suppose I need to work on my core strength like you say.. which helps quite a bit too.

<just had chicken curry,which doesn’t help :O)

martinxyz
    Free Member

Is the front tyre bigger than the rear?

juan
    Free Member

Is the front tyre bigger than the rear?

No idea, possibly as the rear may be a 2.25 and the front 2.4, but the bike is already in the boot of the car ready for tomorrow ride, so you’ll have to wait tomorrow for the correct answer 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

I run a 2.35 rear and 2.5 front but I don’t know anyone else that does!

juan
    Free Member

Well plenty of people around here do it. I have been running bigger tyres on the front for ages now.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Yeahhhhh it has finally arrived :D (warning vélovert content)’ is closed to new replies.