Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yeah right!
  • psychle
    Free Member

"I appeal to all the players and coaches to observe this fair play. In 2010 we want to prove that football is more than just kicking a ball but has social and cultural value"

– Sepp Blatter, FIFA President 😆

full BBC story…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

football is more than just kicking a ball

So it is

sofatester
    Free Member

So much for "cheats never prosper" 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

I watched the rugby with a friend and was amazed at the respect shown to refs. Untill they do something serious to cheats after the event they will keep doing it.
    It does shame the game

mtbfix

I watched the rugby with a friend and was amazed at the respect shown to refs

Only team captains can address the ref and any dissent gets a card and a 10 yard advance on the penalty. Great stuff. The FA and FIFA won't do it as the clubs would tell them to get stuffed and are laws unto themselves to some extent.

fbk
    Free Member

FFS – why bother making a decision when you can opt "to set up an inquiry into the benefits of video technology and extra officials".

"can everybody please just play fair until we make a decision"

They may make some changes by 2020!

I don't understand the foot dragging regarding video evidence.

mtbfix

Video evidence in play is always held up by the old argument of disrupting the flow of the game. Therefore I'd politely suggest the capacity to award cards after the end of play invoking next match bans or a system similar to tennis where the team capt. could question a given number of decisions per match only.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

the capacity to award cards after the end of play invoking next match bans

but in cup competitions, the drive is in getting to the next round. EG, Handball Henry – France are through to the World Cup Finals and Ireland aren't. Subsequent penalisation of Henry doesn't help Ireland qualify, costing the Irish FA almost enough Euros for a night out in Dublin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yeah right!’ is closed to new replies.