Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Yeah, I know it’s mid-May, but which waterproof shorts?
  • IHN

Because it’s raining, again. Grrr.

Having proved the point to myself with some cut-off cheapy waterproof trousers, I’m after something a little more cycling specific. I’m not too @rsed about breathability, given thats there’s two big holes where my legs will go, but am looking for decent cut, comfort etc.

Who’s got what, and are they any good?

erny
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of scott gore pack-lite shorts which have been great got them from keith at bike treks for about £80,they are not the 3/4 ones as i wear endura fs pro leg warmers which have waterproof front panels if it is really bad,I use them on my mtb and road bike on wet winter rides and they are great.Had 2 pairs of endura 3/4 but they keep leaking in through the strecth panel in the back.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I’ve got Altura Attack 3/4s, I’d buy them again. I’ve seen the regular Attack shorts version for £45.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ve got some of the shorter Altura Dryline shorts. I would definitely get 3/4 length next time, or some better mudguards. So much water gets up my legs that after an hour or so in heavy rain, I’m totally soaked regardless of how waterproof they might be.

And I’d go for eVent or Goretex for the breathability, even though they are shorts and should be naturally well ventalated!

Jim-bob
    Free Member

Altura Attack 3/4’s seconded. Been solid since late Autumn in all weather and seem very breathable. Merlin usually have them below £50.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Yeah, I know it’s mid-May, but which waterproof shorts?’ is closed to new replies.