Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Yay got a Nespresso for Christmas but now…
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I need to decide what coffee to buy 😕
    We’ve got a £40 capsule credit to use so is it worth getting the 250 mixed assortment or just picking individual flavours? – I’m not sure I can cope with the range in the assortment packs.
    Anybody use the nice dispensers or are they a bit naff in reality?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

is it worth getting the 250 mixed assortment

The only reason not to buy that is that it includes decaf, now whats the point in decaf coffee.

Personally I think their dispensers are a bit naff but each to their own.

I just buy everything but decaf.

Kryton57

What he said about the assorted pack, although what do you know until you’ve experimented? I went that way and now just order what I like.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I’ve not had one I don’t like to be honest thats why I just order x amount of everything.

Kuco

I just store mine in a frosted glass jar from ikea.

zippykona

Just get the black ones.:-)

dantsw13

Do you like your coffee strong tasting? The strength number of each type is a taste strength, not a caffeine strength.

Can you get to selfridges to the Nespresso cafe to try a few out?

Personally, I buy the purple espressos, and the green Lungo. If you want decaf, get the intenso, as the normal decaf is a little weak. If there is one you particularly fancy trying, I’m sure one of us will send you a capsule.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Do you like your coffee strong tasting?

Yep I do but MrsSB likes a Late and one of her chums only drinks decaf! I have got the sample pack that came with the machine but I suspect that’s not going to last long. I quite like your choices ^

costello
    Free Member

indriya is current fave,green lungos and purples tend to go quite quick in this house also hazelnut “variations” is still available at nespresso and worth a go for something diffrent,also we bought the silly priced nespresso glassware and it is brillo!,really nice to see your coffee settling just like a pint of guinness ,and the measurements and as a result flavour are a lot more accurate,it also looks a lot more pro for your lattes etc,we also have a chrome spinny capsule holder which looks/works perfectly o.k(amazon £20.00) but as someone else posted we also have a simple glass bowl full of capsules as well so whatever you like really……..just get the nespresso glasseware, you wont regret it

clubber
    Free Member

Indrya and blacks for me

Others seem to like the gold one.

The decaf intenso is decent too.

Kryton57

What clubber said +1

pebblebeach
    Free Member

.just get the nespresso glasseware, you wont regret it

I got some latte cups for £1.50 each, no branding, suits me fine.

dantsw13

Depending on the machine, tall mugs don’t fit under the spout very well. We ended up in John Lewis taking cups over to a machine to find ones that fitted!!

Even for a Latte, a strong shot of espresso is good. We have an aerocino, but instead add cold milk onto the coffee, and Zap in the microwave for 1 minute.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Depending on the machine, tall mugs don’t fit under the spout very well. We ended up in John Lewis taking cups over to a machine to find ones that fitted!

Ummm make espresso in warmed espresso cup then pour into latte glass.

igm

Shouldn’t you lot br making your coffee in an espresso jug on top of the wood burner?

This is STW folks, there are standards…

clubber
    Free Member

nah, there are tryhards…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Yay got a Nespresso for Christmas but now…’ is closed to new replies.