Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Yawn…..wooden floor advice
  • brack
    Free Member

Ok heres the deal…

I am almost at the end of a house renovation.

I love the look that exosed floorboards give a house esp with clean cut walls, but heres my dilemma.

Part of the floor contains a large piece of concrete floor which basically means that stripping the floor is a very difficult job requiring removal of the concrete etc.

I was tempted by sea grass carpet – but its v expensive and not really as nice as exposed wood.

What do painted floorboards look like?
    Any good alternatives to exposed floorboards?

Ideas anyone??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What do painted floorboards look like?

Nice, but useless if you intend doing any 'walking' on this floor. Painted floorboards, even when the proper paint, never last any time at all.

colande
    Free Member

the removal of concrete sounds like a right ball ache,
    why is there concrete? is it deep?
    even if you removed the concrete would you need to get involved with floor joists and laying new/reclaimed timber?

bit confused with the concrete,
    need pics 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lanesra
    Free Member

Sounds like bodies under the floor, imo

I'd leave it

tinribz
    Free Member

Why do you need to take the conc up? You need a floating wood floor.

Bamboo Flooring – An Eco-Friendly Alternative to Hardwood Flooring

The modern, environmentally friendly and durable alternative to hardwood is bamboo flooring. Being a grass, as opposed to timber, gives bamboo the edge as not only a building product (being strong and at the same time flexible), but also as a sustainable resource: wood takes approximately 15-20 years to reach maturity, whereas the non-harmful harvesting of bamboo takes a mere 3 to 5 years. Bamboo has traditionally been the material of choice in most of Asia, and it is only recently that its benefits and environmental properties have begun to be utilised more fully in the west.

http://www.bambooflooringcompany.com/?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Yawn…..wooden floor advice’ is closed to new replies.