• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Yawn…. need a cheap (a tenner or so) silly bright rear light?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Sorry, boring question…

Can anyone recommend a nice bright rear light for road use for about a tenner as it’s just a quick fix and then will be used as a back up.

Not fussed if I have to eBay it from China.

paule
    Free Member

The booster from planet X is good & bright

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aldi will have some left.

superleggero
    Free Member

The Aldi Moon copy for £12.99 is good. In store only, if they have any left.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Smart 0.5 w was my go to cheap but bright (but not blinding) rear light. Was about as tenner.

Klunk
    Free Member

sorry out of stock 😳

cvilla

Try the Alpkit one, Tau, £14 rechargeable via usb, different modes and good visibility, imo. C

P20

Moon comet copies from eBay for a fiver

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

all lidle around here, the nearest aldi is a 40min drive sadly otherwise i’d go this afternoon.

i’ll check out the ebay one, cheers. quite tempted by the alpit though as i like there stuff but didnt really want to spend over a tenner.

lunge

3 of these? Really bright for the money.

tdog
    Free Member

Does anyone remember those skully lights from planet x that were selling for like 99p.

Can you guess why, oh yes because tgey never worked and were a faulty design or batch.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member
    P20

Those planetx ones lunge linked to are good too. Couple of those on the commuter

stumpy01

If you don’t mind AAA batteries, the Moon Pulsar is pretty bright and is about £12. They reckon battery life is about 40hrs.

Comes with lots of attachment options!

cookeaa

For a tenner or less?

two of these spend the change on a big pack of AAAs…

Only Because I have one I know they’re bright enough, and I know they’re weather tight because mine is several years old now. Bright and robust that’s the best you can expect from a “cheap” rear light…

I also have a USB charging lezyne zecto knock off I got from eBay a couple of years ago that’s still going strong, but I couldn’t 100% recommend one over the PX 1/2 Watt, because what I bought years ago from HK for a fiver could well be nothing like what you get from the same listings now…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

prob with the planet x ones is the 3.95 post so by the time thats included and batteries i may as well buy the alpkit usb jobbie, good shout otherwise.

fussy aren’t i!!

SaxonRider

Is that Planet X light supposed to have such a goofy name?

I mean, the “Phaart Bleep”?

tillydog
    Free Member

Got a Wilkinsons near you?

£8.00 gets you a really bright light.

Got one that’s ~2 years old, still going strong.

DezB
    Free Member

SaxonRider –
    Is that Planet X light supposed to have such a goofy name?

Nah, I’m sure it was a complete accident

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Yawn…. need a cheap (a tenner or so) silly bright rear light?’ is closed to new replies.