Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Yate, Bristol – General Mooch Along Ride Pix
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Some general pix from todays road[mtb] ride to Yate, Bristol

36 Mile of traffic nightmares. Nearly got hit by a lorry wing mirror on the “Bristol Road” Luv It [being a roadie that is, for a day] 😉

More Here
    More Here

spokebloke
    Free Member

Blimey, where’s that old Lambo? you’d have thought they’d put a roof over it…

redthunder
    Free Member

I dont think the Lambo has moved very far in a while. I was wondering if was kit car of some kind.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

You cycled to Yate? Are you mental or something, or did you just fancy living dangerously for a day?!

redthunder
    Free Member

@dave rudaber

Not out of choice, it was on business. But it was a interesting ride… especially when a concrete mixer lorry went over the pavement in front of us at 50mph 😯

Its quite a pain to get to on a bike. Everybody hates you even the council.

Anyone here seen the traffic lights outside the S Glos council office… It’s like playing a game of Frogger with one life for real.

Milkie
    Free Member

lol @ redthunder.
    I think I saw you, was there two of you? Were you in a street beginning with H at about 1-1.30ish?

redthunder
    Free Member

There was two of us. I had a SGlos bag cover on.

I was in Yate about 1:30. The street beginning with “H”, who’s knows ?. We were trying to plan our escape at that point.

We had a look at the bridleway at Cog Hill but we decided we needed a jetski to get through it.

Being part of the SGMTB patch we needed to check it out.

Milkie
    Free Member

HaHa, I nearly stopped and to ask if you were lost, if it was you! Not often you see a couple of shifty looking MTB’ers. 😉

I was the shifty looking guy reversing in the blue astra 😉

Looking at your photo of the Mapleridge bridleway, you’ve answered my question, is it dry/clear enough for a ride… Hell no!

redthunder
    Free Member

“I was the shifty looking guy reversing in the blue astra “

Do you try to run us over 😉 ?.

No I cant remember your car. Where about’s did you see us ?

===
    It would be nice if the BW above was in reasonable condition so a link could be made to Latteridge. The Latteridge road is evil :-(.

From off the A38 from Alveston to Latteridge is OK. If a freindly link from Latteridge to Iron Acton could be found … dare I say it I would go to Yate more often on the bike.

Milkie
    Free Member

I didn’t try n run you over, I waited for you to pass before reversing off my drive.

You went down to the bottom of the street turned around and starting riding towards me looking shifty, then you hooked into a house with a white van outside. I pretty much live opposite.

redthunder
    Free Member

@Milkie

Ahh.. I remember around the back houses. You got in your car and reversed out and drove off. We were by the back of the house with many barking dogs. The one with the green oil tank.

It’s a friends house but he’s never in, probably done the pub.

So where do you ride around Yate then ?. Wotton and Dursley I suppose.

Milkie
    Free Member

At the moment I don’t ride, achilles tendonitis, torn calve and now sciatica, hopefully I’ll be back in a couple of months if that.

In Yate you’ve got the jumps over the common, skatepark if you want to feel really old. You’ve found one of my “dont tell anyone” places (img1317), which has some really nice trails, but is not rideable if there has been any rain.

Horton, Hawkesbury are a couple of hills I use as training which is a nice loop. From Kingswood (WUE) there are a couple of nice rides, although they do not reward you with enough downhill, its the Evans Ride It trails.

If I get time tonight, I’ll drop you an email with links to my GPS routes. 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

Defo interested in GPS routes 🙂 Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Yate, Bristol – General Mooch Along Ride Pix’ is closed to new replies.