Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yari Air Spring
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

I’ve read conflicting things now… I’m interested in changing out the damper in my Yari to something a little lovlier, and Sprung Suspension have got the new charge 2 dampers at a reasonable price. My only concern is the air spring. Some places are saying the Yari doesn’t have the debonair air spring of the 2017 lyriks, whereas other places are saying they did and the ONLY difference is the damper. Can anyone shed some light on this?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of these should have all the info and full parts listings
    https://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7,717#sm.000108ipzkbdjeoov4v1r5ipl8utn

P-Jay
    Free Member

I spent far, far too long looking at exploded diagrams of Yaris and Lyriks and part numbers – as far as I recall they’re all the same on the air side, but I know my air shaft is stamped “Pike 29” so who knows.

joebristol

When I bought a bike with a Yari in May of this year I was under the impression the only difference between it and a Lyrik was the charger damper vs moco. The spring side is meant to be exactly the same.

I have similar ideas to you in that I want to Lyrik my Yari in due course if I have the spare cash.

kimbers

I spoke to the vorsprung guy about this

The Debonair air spring is what the Yari/Lyrik actually already had – they updated the Pike’s air spring to be similar to those forks and then gave them all a new name, but the Luftkappe is a substantial improvement for any of them. The end result of Yari/Luftkappe is better than the Pike/Luftkappe on the proviso that you aren’t running the Yari at 180mm – it becomes really progressive at that travel and can be hard to use the full travel as a result.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

I spoke to the vorsprung guy about this

That’s pretty useful cheers! I’m bloody tempted to stick either a charger 2 in, or still get something a bit fancy and weird in there from one of the custom guys and have a fiddle with settings.

vincienup
    Free Member

Re Charger swaps, just remember it needs to come from a Lyrik. Apparently the Pike has a different ID on the stanchions due to the Lyrik:Yari chassis being stronger.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Yeah it’d be going into a Yari so I’d get the Lyrik one

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yari Air Spring’ is closed to new replies.