Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Y Garn to Bethesda.
  • Marin
    Free Member

From the summit down the northish ridge. Good mountain route or not.

ElShalimo

On foot or bike?
    I don’t think it is a bridleway

whitestone
    Free Member

Not a bridleway and the farmers around there are a bit, let’s say a law unto themselves.

Marin
    Free Member

Apart from all that anyone ridden it?

whitestone
    Free Member

The shots here might give you an idea of the terrain.

ElShalimo

Ooh you rebel!

juanghia
    Free Member

The shots here might give you an idea of the terrain.

I’m not sure he can read an OS map he doesn’t seem to know the difference between a Bridleway and Footpath…but I’m sure he’s got an Enduro bike, Safety Pads and he’s not afraid to use them.

martinhutch

Bridalway

Shotgun wedding if he meets the farmer?

whitestone
    Free Member

One of the incidents I know about does involve a shotgun 😯

austen

The top section might be fun, but from walking it I wouldn’t have thought that amazing as there is a long traverse along the ridge. From Marchlyn Mawr it’s just grass with a steady gradient, so probably not that thrilling and Penrhyn Quarry is still worked so best avoided unless you want to get squashed/blown up.

On a rigid, cantilevered braked MTB the run down through the top of the Dinorwig quarries from the reservoir used to be a laugh, but suspect a bit tame on a modern bike.

Marin
    Free Member

Yep can read an OS map very well. I do have a very expensive very good enduro bike and all the pads. Have walked half of it from Atlantic slabs upwards after topping out on a climb.
    Met the farmers when been parked up sleeping on the old road, had a chat and a brew watching them round up sheep. Ridden through Dinorwig a lot as an extension to Telegraph Valley ride.
    I’ll take that as a no. Thanks for the replies.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Its downhill all the way!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Y Garn to Bethesda.’ is closed to new replies.