Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • xx44 Head tube fox fork swap help please!
  • willfromsandwich
    Free Member

Help!

I have a Genesis High Latitude. Had a carbon rigid tapered 1 1/2 to 1 1/8 fork (kinesis maxlight) with the corresponding headset, bought a fox 32 float fork tapered again it fits the bottom part of the headset and through the top cup but nothing else fits. i.e. the top bearings spacers and stem are all too small to fit the steerer. but it is not a straight 1 1/2 steerer. what is going on is there another size?
    Will

toppers3933
    Free Member

Nope. The top part of the steerer is either 1 1/8 or 1 1/2. If your old forks were 1 1/8 at the top and these aren’t, then they must be 1 1/2. To my knowledge they don’t/have never made any other size. Unless they’re 2nd hand oe fork off a weird frame. Post or email me a picture and I’ll tell you.

andyl
    Free Member

fork isn’t off a Giant is it?

khani
    Free Member

The only other size I’m aware of is the Giant overdrive 2, 1.5 to 1.1/4, as above^^^ are they off a Giant?

jairaj

Is it a small sized frame? Or has a short headtube?

The fork steerer taper might be too long so that the fork steerer isn’t at 1.1/8th at the point where the top cups are. I think some On One frames had a similar problem.

rickon
    Free Member

Measure the top of the steerer.

martinxyz
    Free Member

You have an overdrive fork.

andyl
    Free Member

if you can get one that fits I think the overdrive headsets are on clearance at CRC

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘xx44 Head tube fox fork swap help please!’ is closed to new replies.