Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XX1 rear to ENO front – workable?
  • Stealthbike
    Free Member

Was wondering if it’s possible to run the full SRAM XX1 set up on the rear, but still use with my White industries ENO single crank up front? Are SRAM just scaring us into buying EVERYTHING, or will my ENO 32 ring work fine with the XX1 11 cassette and derailer at the rear?

tomhoward

Why the extra Ts?

But yeah, it’ll be fine.

Stealthbike
    Free Member

The ENO crank is running on a JIS square bolt BB, but I reckon chainine should be ok.
    No probs with an 11 speed chain setup running across the ENO ring then?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

Ssshhh but an 11 speed chain is just a 10 speed one, but with very slightly thinner outer plates.

That will be fine too.

Stealthbike
    Free Member

Cheers. I’d better start saving then 🙂

Andy

Isn’t an ENO ring 3/32 or 8 speed. Interested if you can get a 9/10/11 speed ring for an ENO

Stealthbike
    Free Member

Us my chainring is 3/32 – will that be a problem on a 10 or 11 speed cassette?

Stealthbike
    Free Member

Mmm, I think the ENO crank width/size could be a deal breaker on further research – not got the best wrap for smooth running anyway, this may be asking too much of it – last thing I want is more chain suck

SidewaysTim

White Industries have just started making a XX1 spider for the Eno crank. You can now mount a Sram chainring and have it wear out in just a few miles, according to current thinking.

Stealthbike
    Free Member

Tim, have just exchanged emails with you on the XX1 adaptor – what’s the ‘have it wear out in just a few miles’ refer too – now you’ve got me worried?!

SidewaysTim
    gavstorie
    Free Member

He’s trolling…

one guy says his chainring wore out really quickly… That hardly constitutes a rapid decline in longevity of everyone elses XX1 kit..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XX1 rear to ENO front – workable?’ is closed to new replies.