Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • XX1 here i come :-)
  • gavstorie
    Free Member

lol… mine is a carbon 650b 🙂

i was talking to my LBS about carbon wheels yesterday.. he has enve ones on his own bike….

messiah
    Free Member

Messiah, that looks pretty familiar terrotory Angus glens by any chance?

I can see Angus from here.

mactheknife

gavstorie – Member
    lol… mine is a carbon 650b

i was talking to my LBS about carbon wheels yesterday.. he has enve ones on his own bike….

Gav, i can tell you my story about carbon wheels if u want 🙂 not good, albeit was the hub not the rims. 2 pairs i went through in 6 months with the rear hub developing a transverse crack in the flange both times. Check my previous thread for pics. I did not notice any benefit of carbon rims over the flows i had previously either. Luckily e13 refunded me after the 2nd hub committed suicide and i went back to flows on hope pro2’s. Very expensive for no added benefit. IMO obviously.

tomhoward

So nothing wrong with the rims then?

Cool story bro.

mactheknife

Awesome comeback tom, i am having a party at the weekend. Fancy coming round and boring the shite out of everyone 🙂

If u read the part where i wrote “I did not notice any benefit of carbon rims over the flows i had previously either”. And yep ran flows for 2 years and the carbon jobbies for a good 6 months overall. But hey since we are on the subject of obscenely expensive kit i thought i would drop my 2p in. Feel free to do the same.

euans2
    Free Member

Okay guys, enough please. I bought X01 because it was what i wanted after looking at the full pros and cons. With the riding i do mainly, big mountain stuff and hopefully a lot of enduro racing this year it made sense to me over the 2 x 9 i was running. I honestly do not care what anyone else bangs on their bike, its their choice. But i will never say anyone is wrong for having different gear than me.

Well said.

And just for the record, you can currently get an X01 cassette in the UK for £194.39

njee20
    Free Member

Again we digress, but Light Bicycle knock out carbon rims for much less than all the ‘big boys’. I’d not pay for Enves, but the LBs look good. They build nicely too, and even trying to stress them you can tell how much stiffer they are than a similarly light alu rim.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I was just about to say I bought the red & white version of these http://www.starbike.com/en/sram-x.0-1-11-speed-rear-derailleur/ which was available yesterday for £81 inc p&p. Seems to have increased today though so sorry about that.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘XX1 here i come :-)’ is closed to new replies.