Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XX1 cassette spacing. how does it work?
  • mos

Is it 11 into the same space as 10 or is it the same spacing as 10 and a wider cassette?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The top (42) is cranked in towards the spokes a little, it can be done as the spokes are further away from the chain at this point than they would be with a 36t. It requires a special ‘driver’ though in place of a normal barrel or free hub body.

sketch1981
    Free Member

There’s no dish on my XX1 42T cog, it sits perfectly flat on my table. The extra “space” is from the lack of a lock ring and a narrower chain.

DanW
    Free Member

Same spacing as 10 and a wider cassette. 10 speed chains work fine on XX1, it does not use a narrower chain as suggested above

robgclarkson
    Free Member

sketch1981 – Member
    There’s no dish on my XX1 42T cog, it sits perfectly flat on my table. The extra “space” is from the lack of a lock ring and a narrower chain.

he means the cassette is domed, because it is. look at the largest cog, the 42t one, take your cassette of and have a look… of course it would still sit flat on your desk, the doming goes towards the centre of the cassette from the outer edge

can kinda see it here: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZzrzhlriB4[/video]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘XX1 cassette spacing. how does it work?’ is closed to new replies.