Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • XX – Not sure we’ve seen these shots yet.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    mrfrosty
    Free Member

I’ll get back to you

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

No thanks.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

For MTB I think anything over 7 speed is just pointless obsoletism:-(

GeForceJunky

The Santa Cruz Syndicate have been using Sram 10 speed for dh.

druidh
    Free Member

That could work. 10 at the rear. 2 at the front would give a good spread of gears. Replacing a front by a rear must be lighter overall. It might also relieve some other issues around chainline / BB width / seatstay width and tyre/mud clearance.

ton

bet it works ace in the mud…………….

hopster
    Free Member

If you want to see a bike with it on there should be a 0.nine Merida shod with XX at Bikefest if it arrives in time.

Joxster
    Free Member

Not sure how well a 10spd chain would last???? I think 9spd will be around for a few more years yet

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

>The Santa Cruz Syndicate have been using Sram 10 speed for dh.

Sponsored riders in promoting new product shocker.

halfbee
    Free Member

Fancy using a spring for chain tension in this country 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

You do get an extra ratio on the cassette, there’s going to be an 11-36 option, so it’s not just closer ratios. The chainset looks super cheap and nasty though!

Reckon I may get some of the brakes, and possibly a rear mech, but I can’t see me getting the rest of it!

Offroading
    Free Member

Those are oldish pics, IIRC that front mech is the first prototype one with a odd clamp idea.

The Santa Cruz guys are running XO rear mechs with altered cable pull thanks to a new cable loop. They are also using modified XO triggers to give 10 clicks and just use a standard Sram Road cassette.

nukeproof
    Free Member

For MTB I think anything over 7 speed is just pointless obsoletism:-(

I agree with sfb 😀

Dougal
    Free Member

Not sure how well a 10spd chain would last???? I think 9spd will be around for a few more years yet

The same shite was spouted when 9speed first appeared. A 10spd chain is only 0,5mm narrower than a 9spd one, and people don’t seem to have problems running whole ‘cross seasons on them.

Pauly

In the shops in November guys and gals. 11/36 cassette will retail for approx £240…

And the brakes are awesome.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A 10spd chain is only 0,5mm narrower than a 9spd one

nevertheless, narrowing the chain must mean concentrating the load onto a narrower bearing surface, which I guess would lead to faster wear rates – and to what benefit ? I often find myself shifting several cogs on 9 speed to get the gear I want in general, non competitive riding, and just don’t need closer ratios.

andyl46
    Free Member

I’ll have two paul. Stick ’em on someone’s account will you?

oxym0r0n

£240! I’ll stick to SS then!

nbt

Not sure about 7 spd but 8 spd would be fine for the majority of the riding I do, I just wish it was more widely available

njee20
    Free Member

SRAMs prices do rather take the mick, seeing as a Red rear mech is currently £259 I’ll wager the XX one will be around £300.

Pauly

It’s the price you pay for being an early adapter peeps! Remember how much a digital camera used to be, or a Betamax video recorder…

Andy, drop me an email dude.

Offroading
    Free Member

The XX cassette is of the same construction as the Red although it’s more hollow to allow mud escape etc. However the big cog is aluminium and the rest of it is a special blend of various materials.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

seen these pics about a month ago…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and the rest of it is a special blend of various materials.

unobtainium, carcinogenic carbon nanotubes and friggin fairy dust ?

njee20
    Free Member

If it’s Power Dome it’ll be a noisy heap of crap to boot, Red cassettes are awful!

martinxyz
    Free Member

a special blend of various materials?

ahh, stilton.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘XX – Not sure we’ve seen these shots yet.’ is closed to new replies.