Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • XTR trail m985 (980) pedal axle replacements
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of XTR trail pedals but both have snapped axles at the end where the locknut fits, meaning there’s no way to get them adjusted.

Anyone know a good source of replacement axles or maybe some other inspiration on how to manage without…

TIA

bigyinn
    Free Member

They should be covered by warranty. It’s a known issue.

cubemeup
    Free Member

Same happened to be, shit pedals tbh I got rid of them

clubber
    Free Member

Mine are second hand. Going to see if the seller bought them new but….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Axles are £30………………………………………………..each

clubber
    Free Member

I know hence the question…

I should add that the seller was honest that they weren’t right so no lynch mobs 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I heard CB do some nice pedals…..

clubber
    Free Member

CB do shit pedals. it seems that shimano have been copying them on this model…

snakebite
    Free Member

I had 6 sets replaced under warranty in 18 months, now on XT’s and seem OK so far….

clubber
    Free Member

I was wondering if xt axle are compatible. I have. XTs too so I may give it a go

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why not try fitting one or at least measure the XT. I bet you they fit!

dantsw13

Seller was me. I’ve just discovered Shimano have a 3 year warranty on XTR parts, and as these are less than 3 years old, bought new from Merlin, hopefully this can all be resolved, one way or another.

Clubber, I’m back in the uk on Monday , so mail me and we can try and get it sorted out.

clubber
    Free Member

Will do. As I said earlier I’ve got no problem with the sale but if it was possible to warranty that’d be great.

dantsw13

Seems silly not to if its possible!!

We’ll chat later.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘XTR trail m985 (980) pedal axle replacements’ is closed to new replies.