Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • xtr shadow rd-m 972 is buggered im looking for a donor xtr derailluer
  • aidancaptainslow
    Free Member

Hi everyone/anyone
    i broke my derailleur last night and im looking for a Donor Derailluer that maybe someone has but cannot get fixed i live in Denmark and have tried local shimano distubtor and uk one madison who were very helpful but dont carry the part i need as a replacement, its the b axle UNIT the metal piece that attaches to the rearmech hanger and in between main body of the derailleur i have a shimano diagram link below to make it easier
    The part i need is item no shimano code Y5WJ98140 in the little box no 2

B axle unit

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/RD/EV-RD-M972-2758B_v1_m56577569830721668.pdf

many thanks again

scaredypants

Have never had one but I think that’s the usual failure point for shadow mechs, isn’t it ?

I’d be looking at cheaper mechs to see if effectively the same bit can be taken from them

z1ppy

I’d agree with scaredypants, as I think I have my m8’s busted one in the garage, which failed @ the same point (will check in a mo).
    So if you find the part available, I’d have one too…

titusrider
    Free Member

I had one where i smashed up the carbon jockey wheel plates and i think the top section was unscathed, no idea what i did with it though. ill take a look tonight, if i find it ill let you know!

aidancaptainslow
    Free Member

Thanks guys for that ..yep i thought i could be cheeky and use the XT shadow or slx but nope it a different thickness where the star looking bolt attaches to the b unit “swingarm” to the main body

My shimano don’t want to much inter changable parts so you have to buy new stuff im guessing

jonb
    Free Member

Mine went there as well. Left the £10 mech hanger in tact which was nice I thought.

I never found a replacement but did buy a new XTR mech of the older style which are much tougher.

DezB
    Free Member

Might be able to help out. Lemme go check.

aidancaptainslow
    Free Member

😀 yeah my mech looks just fine …….damn it … i don’t know the old xtr very well . Are the Sram XO any good ? i used XTR on the “racing bike” ie the bikes fast but the motor sucks 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Ah sorry, silly me mines a m970, so no good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘xtr shadow rd-m 972 is buggered im looking for a donor xtr derailluer’ is closed to new replies.