Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • XTR Shadow Plus setup help
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive been running one a few weeks now and it was spot on setupwise to start off with in both engaged and off positions gear change wise….

however, my cable went weird on a ride at the weekend, so i replaced it and now in the off position the gears work smooth as silk…

but as soon as i try shift from 9th (second to smallest back cog) to 8th, 8th to 7th, 7th to 6th, 6th to 5th there is a delay in the upshift unless i hold the shifter in for a brief period? shifting down is fine, and shifting up after the 6th/5th to the highest (biggest cogs) is fine….

its not a massive problem as i have to just hold the shifter in until it engages, rather than just click and its done….its still a grea device and the extra pressure pushing in is neither here nor there, but if it can be setup to not have to do it then ill try it

is it something to do with the tension band thing? as i said it works fine all gears shift in either direction when the clutch is off?

Shorty121
    Free Member

My guess is the cables are stretching after a few rides, the best cure is after the stretch just re-adjust the gears

legend
    Free Member

Yup, just sounds like cable tension needing adjusted

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘XTR Shadow Plus setup help’ is closed to new replies.