Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XTR shadow+ 10sp rear mech, worth it? Will I die?
  • LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Yo dudes, hopping to catch the ‘just have a quick look on singletrackworld before I start work @ 1000hrs on a friday morning while I drink my tea’ massive, niche? I know.

Looking at a new rear mech, love the shadow+ so looking at an XTR or a XT. XTR is over 2x the price of the XT so wonder if it’s worth it. or is the XTR just a bit more machined than the XT. Not really arsed about weight.

Got an XTR front shifter and that’s much nicer than the XT, SLX offerings and not much more in price. They feel much more ‘snapier’ and just ‘feel’ better. The SLX XT just felt ‘plasticy’

Big up ya selves.

stevede
    Free Member

Shifter makes the most difference once you step up from slx to xt or xtr. I had an xtr shadow + when they first came out but when I destroyed it I replaced with a zee clutch mech. Weight difference next to nothing and it hurts less when I kill a cheaper mech!

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

no wot u meen. I’ve already got a Saint shadow+ 10sp, but it’s short cage only, and I’ve moved back to 2×10 so in lower gears, there is too much chain slack, so need a longer cage, like the ZEE but it don’t come in medium cage!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Is XTR ever worth the price difference? Only if you value branding over function in my opinion.

Whap a £55 SLX on there and focus on happy biking instead.

curvature
    Free Member

XT with XTR Shifter on my FIVE running 1 x 10.

XT Shadow Plus with XT Shifters on my Clockwork 29er running 3 x 10.

As Stevede says it’s only the shifter that I think feels any different.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

^^ Like it.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

OK, what about difference between SLX and XT? XT is a £10er more, is it worth it?

andyl
    Free Member

for £10 go XT.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XTR shadow+ 10sp rear mech, worth it? Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.