Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XTR M985 brakes leaking at the banjo – advise needed.
  • diz

My M985 XTR brakes are leaking at the banjo, has anyone fitted goodridge’s MTB107 braided hose kit?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

On the Shimano banjo there are two very thin o rings which are quite easily missed out. Never fitted Goodridge so don’t know if the banjo is the same but it must need some sort of seal – copper washers or o rings.

coatesy
    Free Member

Beaten to it, check you’ve not pinched/split the o-rings.

JoeG
    Free Member

The bano/caliper/bolt joints seal with o rings, so it would be an easy fix if leaking there.

Parts available techdoc

diz

Thank you. I will have a look but it looks to be leaking from the crimped part of the banjo where the hose goes in.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Is it crimped on Goodridge? I thought it was tightened with a shroud nut over an olive? In which case you should be able to just tighten it up.

diz

No the crimped type is the original shimano one. I am thinking of replacing it with goodridge

coatesy
    Free Member

I seem to remember that there was a fault with the crimped end leaking, and being replaced under warranty, i’d contact wherever you bought them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XTR M985 brakes leaking at the banjo – advise needed.’ is closed to new replies.