Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • XTR M980 HTII BB – any good?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Have always used XT/Saint without any problems just wondered if XTR was better/weirder in any way.

I understand the cups are smaller and there’s a plastic adaptor – does this work OK

Cheers

rocketman
    Free Member

Bumpety bump

No one used an XTR BB?

andybrad

its fine. works ok and lasts a little longer than the xt one. issues ive had is the plastic tool can wear / not fit some cheap bb spanners and it leaves a bit of exposed alu frame where as the xt one coveres it.

taken a couple apart and they have better seals than the xt and you cant re pack them without destroying them. you can with the xt.

Northwind

Pretty much the same as XT in my experience, they’re made a little different but I’m not sure it translates into any real benefits.

<gusset ext24 recommending bot mode> gusset ext24 is good. Comes in pretty colours, lasts better than XT if unserviced, lasts quite a bit better than XT if serviced, and takes standard bearings when they wear out. Ceramic one seems to be a bit crap mind.

sparkyrhino

If you can get them £20ish,happy days! there black,small and seem to last well.got a few around this time last year, when they were £16.Still on the first one

rocketman
    Free Member

Thanks fellas have a good one

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘XTR M980 HTII BB – any good?’ is closed to new replies.