Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • XTR M970 crank users – want some caps for 1 x set-ups?
  • haggis1978

I’d have a set of those please…

DeeW
    Free Member

They look fantastic. Nice work. Definitely interested in a set.

gaberin
    Free Member

Also interested..

Cheers
    Gabe

nemesis
    Free Member

Interested here too. Especially if matching colour.

Rik
    Free Member

Any idea on cost?

Look ace.

jefinabox

interested!

stevied
    Free Member

What do you guys think would be a reasonable price? I’ll try and work out if it’s doable..

Junkyard
    Free Member

probably easier if you work out a cost and ask if we would pay.
    Personally I have not given it much thought, less than tenner???
    I dont really need them though i have no idea how much a crank cap is
    If i am wildly off the mark for similar feel free to correct me but I would not be interested at say £20 as they look nice but i dont need them

nemesis
    Free Member

junkyard +1

khani
    Free Member

I’ll have some, they look great 🙂

cliffyc
    Free Member

Good work fella! 🙂

Clobber
    Free Member

Definitely interested here.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Yes please.

ant77
    Free Member

Have a pair of cranks on potential from a friend, so if I can get them then I’m in.

teamslug
    Free Member

I think £8.00 to £10.00 is a reasonable amount. Nice job btw.

Muzzy
    Free Member

Very nice! I’ll have a set please.

stevied
    Free Member

Right, I’ve worked out a price so let me know what you think.

They’re going to cost me about £10 to make a set including material, machine costs, anodising (£3 per set) and postage @ £2 for ‘signed for’.

I think, based on that, I’d be looking for £15 a set all in (anodised) or £12 a set raw silver.

If you’d be interested at that price, drop me an email and I’ll see if it’s worth doing.

I’ve done another set, making a couple of alterations, and am really happy with the fit now.

steve_dees@hotmail.com 🙂

khani
    Free Member

YGM 🙂

Speeder

That’s about 1/2 the price they ought to be.

Wish I needed some.

jameso

If you started making these for older m775 XTs and other common cranks I think you’d sell plenty .. they look great. £15 is a very fair price.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are you still considering two styles or have you settled on just this one?

I’d love a covered cap with a built in female thread accessed from the back.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve had 9 emails so far If anyone else is interested, please drop me an email (steve_dees@hotmail.com)
    I think I’ll need about 20-30 to make it worthwhile 😀

Provisionally had the go-ahead from the boss so these could go ahead fairly soon.

wwaswas

ygm.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Lots of mail. Is it silver or grey on the colours or the full anodized rainbow?

stevied
    Free Member

Will be silver or grey anodised only. Hopefully getting a powder coat colour chip (RAL 7016 seems to be the closest) that the anodisers will be able to colour match to.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I imagine it would have been a nightmare trying to find the colour everyone likes. We must all like the grey, we bought the cranks!

Are they all coming with a plain bore to house the male chainring bolt? There was initially talk of a threaded one.

jemima
    Free Member

I don’t need any but lovely job. I’d happily pay £20 for something like this and understand that the economics of small batch are different from massive batch runs.

Paceman
    Free Member

Great job StevieD, they look really nice. I don’t use those cranks but would buy a set of these if I did.

Paceman

stevied
    Free Member

Are they all coming with a plain bore to house the male chainring bolt? There was initially talk of a threaded one.

I do have an M8 x 0.75 tap so can do blind, threaded holes for a male screw 🙂

khani
    Free Member

I’m still in, not bothered about colour as I reckon they’ll both look good, when your ready let me know 😀

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My OCD’ness is killing me on my 1x set up. I need these in my life!

Emailed you Steve.

Mike

theflatboy
    Free Member

stevied – Member

I do have an M8 x 0.75 tap so can do blind, threaded holes for a male screw

I don’t need any of these (wishing I’d never sold my M970 cranks now!), but surely if this is an option this is the only way to do it. Caps with threaded rears for the chainring bolts is a great idea!

stevied
    Free Member

I’ll see if I can knock a set up so you can see what they are like. I’ve done the counterbore on the front, initially, as my chainring is threaded (can always drill the threads out to go stealthy 😉 )

ishaw
    Free Member

Hopefully you got my email. I’d be up for a couple of sets, standard or threaded, maybe one of each but whatever is easiest.

stevied
    Free Member

Tapped (blind ones) are on the machine…update shortly 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Here you go (they’ve had a bit of a polish..):

Will see what the fit is like later, though I might need to drill out my chainring threads 😯

oliverracing

Now I would be very tempted with a set of those! (in silver)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Steve, those are lovely. The two grey sets I requested will be the blind version please.

stevied
    Free Member

Held in place with blu-tac:

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ah, I’ve just realised that 30 tooth rings are threaded so would need the countersunk parts. I really like the blind ones but that would require a bigger ring.

We’ve got big hill around here. Looks like I’ll need the countersunk ones.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘XTR M970 crank users – want some caps for 1 x set-ups?’ is closed to new replies.