Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • XTR M9000 – aftermarket chainrings
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

I am trying to fit a different chainring to an XTR chainset.

Issue I am having is with a Rotor Q Ring – the drillings on the ring are smaller than any crank bolts I have seen. Can you get smaller crank bolts or should I go back to Roter? They have already sent me the wrong set of bolts once.

Any help greatly appreciated!

andyl
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

Double post

BIGMAN
    Free Member

The AB ones use the XTR bolt covers. The Rotor ones don’t though as they are the wrong size.

I am a bit baffled!

andyl
    Free Member

XTR should be M7 bolts. AB ones support this.

you got the tabs with the Rotor one? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/rotor-qx1-xtr-9000-narrow-wide-oval-chainring/rp-prod144596

BIGMAN
    Free Member

There were no tabs with the Rotor ring. It was purely the ring and nothing else. Saddleback sent out bolts that don’t fit the ring.

The M7 bolts don’t even go through the drilled holes on the chaining. The standard 3 recessed holes are there. The LBS offered to drill it out. I am not keen on this idea having spent £90 on a chainring.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I’ve just looked at the CRC advert – there were no tabs in the packet. I am guessing that is what I need. I’ll call the distributor tomorrow.

Thanks for that!

andyl
    Free Member

£90! yikes Bit cheaper here: http://www.velotechservices.co.uk/shop/vprod4.asp?cat=260

But no one else seems to show the tabs like CRC. XTR tabs are historically ridiculous in price though so maybe that’s why and if you already have them then they just supply the ring separate.

tbh the rotor site doesnt have any information on the XTR specific fittings, the amount of useful information is something I really like about Absolute Black. Rings are cheaper too!

gaidong
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘XTR M9000 – aftermarket chainrings’ is closed to new replies.