Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • XTR Jocky tension wheel
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I have noticed that the teath on my XTR rear mech tension wheel are worn very sharp. It is not effecting the shifting, but i am going to change them any way.

i have looked on CRC and for the pair thay are £44 or £14 for the one i need.

the question is do i need to get a XTR one or will an basic one for £2.99 to the same job?

What should i get?

Cheers,
    Neil

onandon
    Free Member

you could get a pair of KCNC jobbies ,nice “bling” work well are are lighter too.

mt
    Free Member

Good question, I’d like to change the spikes that were once know as jockey wheels. Would like some spangly ones

Nobby

There are some issues (allegedly) with the basic Shimano ones but the XT’s work fine and are much, much cheaper than XTR.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The bottom one is not so critical as all it does is tension the chain. An XT will be fine and even a basic Deore one should be ok.

Jetboydc
    Free Member

I changed my XTR ones for Deore about three months ago. No problems yet.

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Have run LX ones on my XTR rear mech for ages without a problem.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I think i am going to try an old deore one on there for a while, if not i might go for some bling CNC ones 🙂

Cheers,
    Nezbo

stumpyjon

My XTR Jockey’s wore really badly so I replaced them with a pair of nice shiny KCNC ones. Was a bit worried at first as they are the same whereas the Shimano ones are different top and bottom ‘to aid shifting’. Well I’ve had no problems with the KCNC ones at all. Only downside is the anodising does wear off them where the cahin rubs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘XTR Jocky tension wheel’ is closed to new replies.