Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • xtr jockey wheels question
  • firestarter
    Free Member

ive a xtr 970 rear mech and i need new jockey wheels but they seem to be thirty odd quid all over can i just fit other ones or are xtr different ? id be as well just buying a new slx rear mech for that price wouldnt i if i have to use specific xtr ones

hamishthecat
    Free Member

You can get various aftermarket xtr replacements but things like XT, SLX etc don't fit IIRC (mine's 965 though).

I got some BBB ceramic bearing ones a year ago for about £14 and they are excellent.

stumpyjon

KCNC ones are quite bling and work fine. I've got a set on order form Ebay, £ 17 all in for 2.

firestarter
    Free Member

they are bling lol is it just 11t ones i need and are they both the same ? cheers chaps

firestarter
    Free Member

where did you get em at that price mate. ta

stumpyjon

They are both the same (unlike the XTR ones) which worried me a bit when I got them but they've shifted fine. Only downsides are that the anodizing comes off fairly quickly where they touch the chain and you can bend them if you rip your mech off, hence the reason I have some on order 😳

stumpyjon

On order from Ebay

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=kcnc+jockey&_sacat=0&_trksid=m270&_dmd=2&_odkw=u.k.&_osacat=0

Coming in from Hong Kong, way cheaper than the UK suppliers. Just be aware they do normal and ceramic bearing versions which are obviously more expensive.

tazzymtb

+1 for kcnc. The red ones look ace with xtr mechs. Mick I've got a set of xtr ones you can have FOC, done about 50 miles in summer before the bling faries got hold of my bike and the red anodising fetish kicked in. drop me an email (in profile) if ya interested and I'll lob them in the post for you.

taz

stumpyjon

the bling faries got hold of my bike and the red anodising fetish kicked in

I'm not the only one then, got a nice red Hope BB last week.

firestarter
    Free Member

taz you got mail 😉 cheers chaps

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I had those KNC wheels on my last XT mech (still in the shed now) and TBH i don't rate them. The bearings are badly sealed and easily jam up with crud, the wheels wobble about their axis and hinder shifting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘xtr jockey wheels question’ is closed to new replies.