Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • XTR CHAINSET FITTING
  • porcaro
    Free Member

Do I need the TL-FC35 Tool for fitting a M970 XTR chainset? Or is this tool simply for the removal?

foxyrider
    Free Member

No – just removal if you use say fine nose pliers to put the last nylon thread protector ring (crank cap) in at the end.

I wrote this article if its any use?

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/servicing-xtr-cranks.htm

porcaro
    Free Member

Very good article, thanks for that. Glad I don’t need that TL-FC35 it’s so expensive!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got mine 2nd hand from STW classfieds – BTW you get the tool with teh full retail XTR crankset but not with an OEM set as I found out 😉

porcaro
    Free Member

I managed to get my XTR 970 chainset for under £100 on ebay with bottom bracket and it was boxed! Now that’s a bargain. Only had to buy a TL-FC32 for £12 to fit the bottom bracket.

wwaswas

I’d look at getting that tool sooner rather than later – when you do need to remove the chainset you’ll find everywhere is out of stock…

porcaro
    Free Member

Cheapest I could see for that tool was £29.99, anyone seen it cheaper?

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve got one if you want to borrow it (reading oxfrod area)

foxyrider
    Free Member

£24 from winstanleys but I would suggest putting up a wanted in STW or go to ebay 🙂

Edit: as above if you are near Exeter I have one you can borrow if you ever need it 🙂

wwaswas

starbike.com have them in stock for 22euros – not sure what they charge for postage, though.

alcolepone
    Free Member

anyone around derby with one?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘XTR CHAINSET FITTING’ is closed to new replies.