Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • XTR 11 speed…with 10sp mech?
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone tried it? I know they changed cable pull when they went 10 speed – did they change it again for 11 though? Or could you get away with just the shifter?

sillyoldman

Aside from the cable pull issue (which I don’t know the answer to), the 11 spd mechs have different geometry to work with the wider spread of 11 spd cassettes. Unless you’ve got a RAD cage, the guide pulley won’t track the sprockets accurately, and even at that it won’t work as well as a dedicated 11 spd mech.

asbrooks

I’m no expert on this so don’t shoot me!
    Someone on the mtbr forum uses an XTR9000 mech on their 10 speed, the feedback is good. No issues. Although the sprocket to sprocket distance is slightly different, I think it’s only 0.02mm.
    The RAD cage allows for an easier shift on to the 42t cog.
    This is the route I’m going when the xt 11speed cassette comes out, along with an xtr shifter.

njee20
    Free Member

This is the route I’m going when the xt 11speed cassette comes out, along with an xtr shifter.

Eh? You’re going to go for an 11 speed mech, when you go 11 speed, but fit a RAD cage? 😕

asbrooks

nope, 10 speed mech with the 11 speed cassette and 11 speed shifter

honourablegeorge

I do have a rad cage, which has me wondering.

11 speed for just the cost of SRAM cassette/freehub and XTR shifter would be sweet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘XTR 11 speed…with 10sp mech?’ is closed to new replies.