Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XT780 shifters removing pod , where do you get the covers
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

XT780 shifters removing pod , where do you get the covers or is there another way round this like black tape , need to remove them for my Hope Brakes and I never use them.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Behind the gear indicator you spud!!! 😀

Jeffus
    Free Member

XT 780 says on paper work cover is an extra, I will have a look again,

Regards Spud

Rorschach
    Free Member

Or not……mine was 😀 (yes…I’m getting GEARS!!!)
    Can’t do the xtr double click thing though 😥

Jeffus
    Free Member

WHAT GEARS But but but gears , my Butcher arrived today started building it up with XT 10 speed hence the noob question , I have an XT770 10 speed shifter and that had the cover behind the pod,too cold to go back out brrrrrr,,,, always have trouble setting up 10 speed cable tensons are different than 9 speed, mmmmm

barrykellett
    Free Member

Good luck.
    I had to order mine of rose bikes!!!

Jeffus
    Free Member

barrykelett do you have alink to the parts can’t seem to find it thansk

coatesy
    Free Member

Looked it up on shimanotechdocs, seems like it’s a different cover assembly needed, not just a cap like the older models.

barrykellett
    Free Member

They had to do a special order for me.
    I tried to do the same in my LBS but madison weren’t going to ship the parts for something like 11 weeks

Screw that

Jeffus
    Free Member

Bought an XTR today comes with no pod , will probably sell te Xt780’s building the bike now and can’t fit my Hope Tech 4’s with the pod in place, and can’t wait 11 weeks 😯

rugbydick

I just got the xt785 shifters and the covers to replace the gear indicator windows were in a small plastic bag in the box.
    Don’t they normally come as standard or did I just strike lucky?

Jeffus
    Free Member

Bought mine of Merlin came in a plastic bag sealed, so must be OEM so no extra bits I will have another look and contact them, damn just bought the XTR to impatient 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XT780 shifters removing pod , where do you get the covers’ is closed to new replies.