Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XT – XTR – Saint BB. Which one?
  • stevied
    Free Member

I’m in need of a new BB and have been looking at the selection on Rose/Bikediscount and the top Shimano ones are all a really good price.
    Is there any difference between the different ‘levels’ of BB’s or is it just sales pitch? Would the Saint be a bit more durable?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Saint has longer threaded cups. Otherwise XT
    XTR has a different/extra seal iirc?

Northwind

Yeah, XTR and XT are different internally… But lifespan seems very much the same. I’d go XT personally (or Gusset, but of that list XT)

You can drop down to Deore- they don’t last as well as XT but then, they also cost less. It works out fairly price neutral so if you’ve got a few bikes it can make sense. Just don’t expect them to last in a hard-used bike, I mashed all the bearings in a day on my downhill bike, notch notch notch.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve had XTR last a lot longer than XT – May just be coincidence though. Having had them side-by-side they look very similar (apart from the colour, obviously), but my money goes on XTR from Rose from now on.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The latest XT one’s seem to last pretty well. I don’t think there’s much differencebbetween XT AND XTR bar the colour.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘XT – XTR – Saint BB. Which one?’ is closed to new replies.