Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XT vs SLX chainset – anyone know weights, and bash guard compatibility?
  • wl
    Free Member

Reliable Shimano weights seem elusive – anyone know how SLX and XT compare for the full set i.e. triple with bb? I’m guessing there’s virtually nowt in it. Also, can I just buy a triple, ditch the big ring and fit a standard 4-bolt bash? Ta.

andyl
    Free Member

seriously not even worth worrying about the weight.

Choose what you can afford and what you prefer the looks of.

An bash to replace the big ring should fit either. I’ve heard the SLX 22-36 + bash is specific but I couldn’t say for sure. Ditching the big ring would leave you with a 22-32 (or 24-32 for 10 speed) set up which may be a bit restrictive. I would rather a double specific chainset and not worry about a bash as I’ve be in the bigger ring on anything pointing downhill (even more so with the 22-32 set up).

Toasty

The weight’s about 40g or something trivial, even then I think that’s including BB.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member
    Scapegoat

Yes, the weight is about 40g difference.

The spider on an SLX double and bash is NOT the same as the spider on a triple. You cannot fit an SLX bash guard to a triple without filing bits off.

SLX and XT triples are the same measurements and spiders. You can swap bashguards between the two. I fitted E thirteen and BBG bashes without problems.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘XT vs SLX chainset – anyone know weights, and bash guard compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.