Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • XT "Upgrade Kit" with 46T cassette?
  • scotroutes

So, Winstanleys are offering a kit for £150

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/79692/Shimano_XT_M8000_1_x_11_Upgrade_Kit

but I was wondering if anyone had seen a well-priced bundle including the 46T cassette yet?

daver27
    Free Member

Didn’t think the 46t was available till next month at least

scotroutes

Aye, but that doesn’t stop folk advertising them.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

says 11-42 now?

andyl
    Free Member

i think the OP is asking if anyone has seen one with the 11-46.

I would be tempted by that at that price but would have to include the option of the Ispec B shifter and the 11-46 cassette.

Got most bits sat here:

M8000 GS RD: £51.50
    Ispec B XT M8000 shifter: £35
    Shimano chain: £13

That leaves me £50 for the cassette. I did buy a sunrace MX8 for £52 for one bike but wanting the 11-46 for the other. Sunrace do have an 11-46 out now but the shimano is a bit lighter.

shortyj15

What size chainring are people going to run with these 11-46 cassettes?

P-Jay
    Free Member

shortyj15 – Member

Not entirely sure – I’m running a 32 front with the 42 rear and 1st is fine for me – I tired to calculate it to have the same gearing in first I have now and I think it came between 34 and 36.

shortyj15

Ah just wondered. Cheers

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m mid-upgrade – 11-42 on my 650B, with a 32T chainring means I really wouldn’t want to go any lower and I’m not compromising much in the way of top end cadence.

My 29er though demands a 30T chainring for the same 11-42 range, plus it gets used more in wetter, slipperier weather so it’s highly likely that I’ll be in the market for the 11-46 cassette.

cookeaa

I’m finding this an interesting proposition actually:

I’m currently using an 11-40/32T – 10 speed drive-train happily enough; not really struggling on climbs with the 32-40 ratio and happy enough with 32-11 at the other end but if I were to go to an M8000 11-46 I would be tempted to split the difference and fit a 34T chainring and have a smidge more range at either end… just because you know… Moar gears/range/shinyness and its only £150 (plus a new chainring) that’s not actually too bad IMO…

poah
    Free Member

same size as I’ve currently got – 32t oval

scotroutes

Yep – it’s also about range, not just low-end. I’m often “transitioning” along road sections and would appreciate a higher gear (no – I’d don’t want to spin my legs any faster thank you, we’re all made differently)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

That’s an excellent price a day too late for me.

I opted to replace my 10 speed with more 10 speed, but that deal would probably have swayed me. Apart from the ridiculous cassette weight which would still have me thinking.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Did you ever get anywhere with this Colin?

scotroutes

I went 11-42 for the Marley, 30T up front. For that bike, it’s fine. 32T with an 11-46 would also work but the 30T was cheap off the classifieds…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘XT "Upgrade Kit" with 46T cassette?’ is closed to new replies.