Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Xt shifter problem
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2×10 set up but when I installed the shifter for the front derailleur shifter, I tried to select the 2×10 option, but the plastic screw broke and now it’s stuck on 3×10.

It’s useable as I’ve used to limiter screws to make sure the chain can’t be shifted too far up or down but it’s not perfect.

Has anyone got any tips on how to deal with this problem?

vincienup
    Free Member

You have an Issue.

Proper 2×10 with dedicated cranksets has different spacing between rings than a triple that you threw a ring away from. Thus, the throw of the derailleur needs to be a little different.

One of the switchable shifters set to triple and with a limited-screw tweaked mech is going to shift better on a standard-spaced crank than set to double no matter how many rings you have.

Depends on your crank really. If the crank’s a ‘real’ double specific then you’re unlikely to get it shifting perfectly with the shifter in 3x mode.

Informative link

teethgrinder

Pics of damage? Can you heat up a small flat head screwdriver and melt a slot so you can adjust it that way?

vonplatz
    Free Member

Pics bit difficult at the mo, I’ll try the screwdriver thing, why didn’t I think of that??

vonplatz
    Free Member

Further research has shown that the shifter needs to be in middle or biggest ring made for switch to be operated. I bought them second hand so lacked the manuals. Doh!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Xt shifter problem’ is closed to new replies.