Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • XT Pedal bearing regrease help..
  • mactheknife

OK, i have 2 sets of XT pedals which have shown signs of trouble within a very short period from new.

Basically they dont spin smoothly, there seems to be some resistance which i am assuming is bearing issues.

Following this guide seemed to be my answer Pedals

The part i am unsure about is, how tight do i redo the 10mm nut before tightening the locking nut in place, too tight and the cylinder will not turn obviously, too loose and there seems to be a fair bit of play in the cylinder. I have tried a few times and cannot get them working.

Any tips or advice would be welcome 🙂

jimw
    Free Member

I tighten on the large nut till l a very small amount of play but not notchy, hold as still as possible whist tightening locking nut ( which always seems to make too tight however hard I try not to allow large nut to move on spindle) then back off large nut against locknut a fraction. You get a feel of how tight- the first time it took three or four goes, now I can get it right most of the time.

mactheknife

Cheers jimw, ill just keep trying 🙂

mactheknife

A wee bit of help is needed please. Found the problem in that the small locking nut has split in my RH pedal.

It is reverse threaded but apart from that i have no information on size etc. I have the Shimano techdoc but again, no help on size.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’ll be proprietry, Madison may have them.

Adjustment is best done with the special tool.

saladdodger
    Free Member

All I have done with my spd’s was to take the axle out put a load og grease into the pedal body and put the axle back in which forced new grease through the bearings . Simples

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘XT Pedal bearing regrease help..’ is closed to new replies.