Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • XT or SLX 1×11 groupset ?
  • gribble
    Free Member

Am interested in this thread as I need to get a full group set, so am l looking at gears, cranks and brakes etc.

I am not fussed about 1 x 10, or 1 x 11, but that is likely because I am ignorant of the benefits of one over another. I did see the Zee stuff on CRC which looked good value at circa £200, but not sure if anyone has any comments on this given the comments on XT above?

Given the above, am I better to go SRAM for gearing and drive train?

lazybike
    Free Member

Yes…Sram drivetrain and Shimano brakes for me..

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve had two 11sp XT set-ups and two 11sp GX bikes.

Both have been fine, XT shifter and mech just ahead on both feel and reliability. And that’s with the GX cassette for less weight & more range.

patriotpro
    Free Member

If it’s 2017 Shimano you’re thinking of then go SRAM…

patriotpro
    Free Member

lazybike – Member
    Yes…Sram drivetrain and Shimano brakes for me..

Agree

gribble
    Free Member

I think I have only a 10 speed compatible hub, an old Hope Pro 2. Is it best to stick with 10 speed and then Shimano or SRAM?

joebristol

I haven’t had Shimano on a bike for years so can’t comment on heir quality / shifting – although a mate has Shimano on 3 different bikes which he does a lot of mileage on and hasn’t had much in the way of issues (except maybe 1 set of Shimano discs brakes failing with seal problems).

I’ve got Sram Rival on my racer, X9 / GX 10 speed on the hardtail and GX 11 speed on the FS. All work great with no issues.

Brake wise I’ve got deore discs on the hardtail and Guide r on the FS. The Guides blow deore into the water for power and modulation – but they are a more expensive brake so I guess they should.

Sounds like you should change your cable / cable outer for a decent quality one as your first move and hope that frees things up a bit. Although my hardtail has Clark’s inner cables and some ancient / mucky outers and the X9 / GX combo is working fine despite this.

Is your b screw adjusted right if you have ok shifts through some of the cassette and not the rest?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘XT or SLX 1×11 groupset ?’ is closed to new replies.