Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Xt m8000 or hope e4 brakes
  • owdfettler

I’m building a new 29er ht trail bike & really want the xt brakes as I have the older ones on my other bike so can keep the same pads etc but know they have had issues with the bite point etc is this now fixed on new brakes ? If not I may look at Hope E4, what’s everyone’s experiences ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s a no brainer for me. I’ve seen a few XT brakes fail after 25 months!
    I’m a big fan of Hope brakes. I find they rarely go wrong, but if they do, you can get the spares. I think they might be lighter as well.

owdfettler

Thanks onzadog I have read a lot of things about the shimano issues but very little about the hope so looks like E4 it is

jefinabox

I’m currently having issues with my XT m8000 brakes, I’m sticking with them because it’s cheaper for me but I’ll be going Hope next time

Onzadog
    Free Member

Phil, I’ve been using hope since their first hydraulic brake. If you’ve any questions, ask away.

chipster

I’ve got E4s on the Solaris. I like them. If I were building another bike, I’d be buying some more E4s. Sorry, I’ve no experience of XT brakes.

davosaurusrex

Had both, if you can afford them defo Hope.

owdfettler

Thanks for the replies, you have all made my mind up I’m ordering some hopes

fathomer

I had XT’s on both bikes, after buying one set of E4’s, I now have two. Expensive yes, but worth it in my opinion.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got M8000’s on my main bike and they’re ace, wouldn’t hesitate in getting them or the M7000 SLX

sillysilly
    Free Member

Just got the Hope E4, very different feel to the Shimano’s with more modulation and power on tap rather than instant on. Decision was mainly down to spares / servicing ability after frustration on a failed Guide. Very happy so far, sure the cost per year over the long term will be the same, despite the increased upfront cost.

poah
    Free Member

neither, get saint

siwhite
    Free Member

Hope E4 here after unreliable Deores. Night and day improvement, you won’t regret it…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Xt m8000 or hope e4 brakes’ is closed to new replies.