• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Xt m8000 cranks question.
  • ricky1
    Free Member

Is there a single ring specific crank or is the double crankset the only option?

MSP

I bought a xt8000 single ring, it is actually a double without any rings, needs spacers to get optimum chainline. Pretty poor from shimano IMO.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve been into a very well known shop today and I was told by the staff that such a crankset was not on the market and everyone will be using a double crankset with the extra bolt holes and just running a single ring,I begged to differ and I won’t be going to a shop to buy again,every time I do I appear to know more about what they are selling than they do.

scotroutes

MSP, are you sure?

The Double comes in a 48.8 or 51.8 (Boost) chainline and the Single in a 50 or 53 chainline.

ricky1
    Free Member

Thanks by the way,thought I was going mad.

br
    Free Member

I just put XT 1×11 on, but used the Absolute Black oval ring and my old triple cranks – didn’t want to buy M8000 and have a specific chainring BCD.

benpinnick

well its a bit more complex than that… MSP /your local shop is right (with caveats). If you order an FCM8000C today you will be getting a double crankset without rings. That is what is being sold in the UK I believe.

I think we have some more coming in this week, and I will check that for you, but I am pretty sure that was what is being supplied at this time. The last set I had went out yesterday but I am sure I’m not loosing the plot when I think it was a 2x.

It wouldn’t surprise me to be honest, Shimano is not the best at getting everything out the door at the same time. Production delays may mean the 1x specific crank is not available yet/in short supply.

Goldigger
    Free Member

This was brought up a little while ago..
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/xt-single-ring-crankset

edward2000
    Free Member

Also do shimano cranks come with the BB? I have a hope 30mm bb with EThirteen TRS cranks, and the way the cranks apply the preload is totally cr@p.

If i buy These cranks i do i need a new bb and if so is it supplied?

MSP

Mine didn’t, I think with the expansion of different BB options it’s not really worth supplying a BB with the crank any more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Xt m8000 cranks question.’ is closed to new replies.