Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • XT M8000 brakes
  • thebadabing

Just upgrading to the new XT brakes…..can anyone recommend decent brake pads for these??

simondbarnes

The ones they come with.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I have a set the standard ones are pretty good

chrishc777
    Free Member

On a bit of a tangent, how good are they? Any different to m785s?

Jeffus
    Free Member

Feel the same to me, i have the 785’s on my other bike both bite well,

maybe slightly less on off on the new ones , only 3 rides on them not really thought about them when riding so probably all good, Ice Tech disks, and they look nice too, smaller clamps look neat.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Very interested in how you get on with the new M8000s, just got the group set from bike treks as yet to fit the brakes, my 2015 xt’s coming of & going on the winter build solo & 8000’s going on the main bike but alas I’m stuck over seas at work for a few more weeks can’t wait to get grubby mits on a nice big box of bits & start building so any feed back appreciated.

Ta

thebadabing

Cheers, I’ll stick with the pads it comes with for now. Glad there aren’t reports of squealing etc I’m upgrading from Deore (which are ok and came with the bike) but lack the adjustability.

Everything should be arriving next week and hoping to put together over the bank holiday weekend so will let you know once it’s built up!

Jeffus
    Free Member

I had a very wet ride today no squealing, brakes performed fine still powerful when soaked, pulled me up from a flat out DH section without any drama, the rest of the 11 speed XT is working flawlesly smooth shifting etc..

dirtydog
    Free Member

Any different to m785s?

Narrower bar clamp, better modulation (more linear) due to re-profiled cam and fixed issue with sticky levers.

benpinnick

^ Narrower bar calm means proper fit with a Reverb when run upside down, look nicer, dimpled lever like off a saint, and weigh less too – so XT is actually lighter than SLX / Deore now. Whats not to like?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I found the finned pads on my 785’s are too sintered for the dry hot rides, which sort of negates the needs for fins. Swopped out for Uber organics and silence has returned, as they howled and juddered. They are not contaminated and act the same on non shimano sintereds when they overheat. Although looking at the weather they will probably have to head back onto the bike sooner than I thought !

acid877
    Free Member

If it’s of any use to anyone, Merlin cycles currently have a pair (without rotors) of XT M785 for £93 which seems to be pretty good!

thebadabing

Now that is cheap. but now bought into ispec 2

sparkyrhino

Do they use the same pads as m785’s?

sillyoldman

Yes – same pad shape.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘XT M8000 brakes’ is closed to new replies.