Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XT M8000 1×11 Mech Question
  • mccraque

bought the above groupset and all has been working fine. I probably set the chain up a little short last time though. Having just changed the chain, I’ve noticed that the jockey wheel is very close the the cassette when in the granny gear. It still functions, but grumbles a bit. Not as smooth as it was with the slightly shorter chain.

I could shorten the chain again…but think I must be missing something. Even if I put the B screw into the limit, I cannot take the mech further away from the cassette.

Any thoughts? Shimano sell this as a groupset so would think there’s nothing I need to do in terms of swapping to a longer screw (42 tooth cassette).

Thanks

orangespyderman

Shimano sell this as a groupset so would think there’s nothing I need to do in terms of swapping to a longer screw (42 tooth cassette).

I run one with an 11-46 and the b-screw is certainly not a limiting factor on mine, so something else is up, yes. chain length, I suspect, but worth double checking the the derailleur is right up to the tab on the hanger and basic stuff like that too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s virtually impossible to diagnose stuff like this without seeing the bike.
    But that mech should work with a 46t cassette with ease. Mine is doing just that.
    The jockey wheel shouldn’t touch the cassette or grumble at any point though.
    Shortening the chain probably won’t make any difference. It should be simple B tension screw adjustment, I imagine I could sort it with the bike in front of me…..

andytherocketeer

Not a direct mount version bolted in to a conventional mech hanger without the extra link plate bit?
    (or vice versa)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mines a normal mech on a normal mech hanger on my Inbred.
    It works perfectly and there’s pleanty of adjustment left in the B screw.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘XT M8000 1×11 Mech Question’ is closed to new replies.