Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • XT M785 brakes leaking oil from under the silver bit of lever
  • bigjim

Just noticed my front brake is weeping some oil from under the silver shiny top part of the lever when I pull the lever. Anyone come across this? I’m guessing it isn’t good, but they still seem to work…

duncancallum

id have a look and see if the rubber diaphromdoofer is ok.

mintimperial

Sure it’s oil? Sometimes a little bit of water gets in there and is then forced out when you pull on the lever.

timmys

Some/all? brakes have a vent to let oil out if they are over filled so there’s a slight possibility it is not bad news. No idea if this applies to M785’s though, sorry.

bigjim

Its definitely oil, will keep an eye on it. It might be overfilled as I bled it a couple of months ago, but there is a heck of a lot of lever throw so can’t imagine it is too overfilled.

kayak23

Usually it’s just the overflow.
    I overbled my XTs recently and had lots of weepage from under the lever cover as the levels tried to return to normal.
    If they work, I wouldn’t worry too much, but that silver cover can be removed for closer inspection of where it is coming from.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘XT M785 brakes leaking oil from under the silver bit of lever’ is closed to new replies.